02 Dec 2016, 8:16 pm

James

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 9:53 am

Ripper: The Secret Life of Walter Sickert
By: Patricia Cornwell

The book is about the life of who this author thinks was the real Jack The Ripper.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

josnorgren
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2017, 10:17 pm

Oh my god than you for the rec Ripper: The Secret Life of Walter Sickert by: Patricia Cornwell. I just checked it out and it seems absolutely amazing.

For the moment I'm reading Into the wild.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 10:07 pm

A book that is stress-free and that I can relate to and forget about all my current problems. .

A book by Debbie Macomber called "The Shop On Blossom Street". It's about a woman who loves knitting and the only family she has is a sister that she doesn't get along with and her Ma. She decides to open a knitting store on "Blossom Street" in Seattle. She starts a knitting group class and they learn how to make a baby blanket. That is how she meets new friends and also finds a new Hunny! :mrgreen: Kinda reminds me of myself and my current circumstance in a few ways except she has had cancer a couple times and that makes her thankful for each new day. I guess I'm just getting tired of murder mysteries.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 10:31 pm

nurseangela wrote:
A book that is stress-free and that I can relate to and forget about all my current problems. .

A book by Debbie Macomber called "The Shop On Blossom Street". It's about a woman who loves knitting and the only family she has is a sister that she doesn't get along with and her Ma. She decides to open a knitting store on "Blossom Street" in Seattle. She starts a knitting group class and they learn how to make a baby blanket. That is how she meets new friends and also finds a new Hunny! :mrgreen: Kinda reminds me of myself and my current circumstance in a few ways except she has had cancer a couple times and that makes her thankful for each new day. I guess I'm just getting tired of murder mysteries.

Do you enjoy cozy mysteries? They are much milder form of the murder mystery.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 10:49 pm

thewrll wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Do you enjoy cozy mysteries? They are much milder form of the murder mystery.

I just tried an Agatha Christie book and it's a sleeper. I found out Dean Koontz has a new book coming out soon and Stephen King has a new one called "Gwendy's Button Box" that I was able to get for $6 on an Amazon special which is what I had planned to read. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for mysteries or any book that requires some "thinking" - usually when I'm stressed. It's actually hard to keep my mind on a book during that time so something I can relate to and isn't real depressing I might be able to handle. The Debbie Macomber book seemed to fit the bill.

Darn, I flunked.

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2017, 10:51 pm

Billy Budd by Herman Melville

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 11:06 pm

Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 11:23 am

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 8:38 pm

How Not To Die - Dr. Michael Greger

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 8:41 pm

Just finished the audiobook read by the Author.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2017, 1:07 pm

Just finished The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman. Very much enjoyed. Curious about the movie now.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jul 2017, 7:14 pm

I'm reading The Devils Disciples, its the story of Hitlers inner circle through the birth of the party to the Nuremburg tribunals. it's non-fiction and reads like a novel. The only better writing ive read on this subject would be Albert Speers Inside the Third Reich.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 11:49 pm

Cannery Row by John Steinbeck

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jul 2017, 3:14 pm

I just finished George Carlin's Last Words.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 7:08 pm

started on peter sloterdijk's "spheres" trilogy in German. so far, I made it through the 98 pages of foreword... it's sesquipedalian. actually, when I opened the amazon package and took out the three books, and realized the stack was relatively close to being a cube, I though: okay, after I'm done with this, I'll shave, get a haircut, and look for a girlfriend.