Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 11:10 pm

Quote:
Then of course I do not know of any other species who send all the males off to tear each other to shreds in massive conflagrations, again leaving less choice for natural selection.

Heh. Chimps do that, actually.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

slashfrehley42
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jun 2011, 12:19 pm

In what might be the latest response to a bunch of responses of all time, I appreciate what's been said in response to my half-baked pseudoscience. Lots of lovely discussion about lovely things.

Retracting the "theory". It's not as good as I thought it was, and I thank you all for pointing that out.

stripey
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jun 2011, 4:35 pm

It is evolution no argument that's it.

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 2:49 pm

Orwell wrote:
You obviously didn't pay any attention in your biology class. The entire principle of natural selection is based on who produces the most viable offspring. Given that Aspies tend to have difficulty finding a mate, we certainly are not be selected for.

I won't bother with the other outlandish, self-contradictory, and outright false claims in your post. It suffices to say that Aspies most certainly do not represent the "next stage" in human evolution.
Yes exactly. I have read of the "aspies are the next stage of evolution" BS in other posts. It sounds like more of a comic book plot than actual science.