Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 1:01 am

I think it is human nature for the oppressed to become the oppressors once given the opportunity.This goes way back in human history.I can give many examples but can only give a few since if I gave them all, it would take a whole book on the subject.Such examples would include the French Revolution where nobles, clergy, and royalty were arrested and executed, followed by the Jacobins taking power, the the Girondins, who once oppressed by the Jacobins, began banning then arresting and executing all Jacobins.

It is human nature for one to go after those who oppressed them by oppressing the oppressors.

This being said, albeit that I find it wrong, it is the way humans react when they find themselves mistreated.They go after those who mistreated them, and sometimes that results in innoccent members of that group sufferring the brunt of the retribution as a result of what others in that group had done.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 3:06 am

Tory_canuck wrote:
I think it is human nature for the oppressed to become the oppressors once given the opportunity.This goes way back in human history.I can give many examples but can only give a few since if I gave them all, it would take a whole book on the subject.Such examples would include the French Revolution where nobles, clergy, and royalty were arrested and executed, followed by the Jacobins taking power, the the Girondins, who once oppressed by the Jacobins, began banning then arresting and executing all Jacobins.

I think this is just a wee tad over stating the 'oppression' faced by those on the ASD. If we want the rest of society to learn about our difficulties caliming to be 'oppressed' is hardly the way to go. Explaining our situation and how it can be misinterpreted by others would be a good start. Even then, to be able to spot someone having social difficulties which arecaused by aspergers, is asking a heck of a lot. Especially considering the difficulties we ourselves get into on this site with regard to misinterpretation, how the heck do you expect those without an ASD to cope.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx