Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

paigetheoracle
Raven
Raven

08 Jan 2010, 5:45 am

I believe that reality works in part on the following principle that I designate The Accumulation/ Discharge Cycle (input/ output dynamic). It can be seen in the motion of everything physical and through emotion as a vehicle for change. It includes thought and action as opposing pairs, which like electric polarity, moves from one state to another. The way I see it is that it is no coincidence that certain characteristics go with one or the other e.g. thought and doubt, action and confidence - to act is to believe as to stand back and observe is to disbelieve: This particular idea I call The Artist Effect because it is about stepping forward to act (alter) as we step back to examine what has been done, in order to judge if anything further needs to be altered or not (Speeding things up for effect (warmth) or slowing them down for clarity (cooling them down)).

This cycle includes everything from sex, the seasons, the tide to peristaltic contractions, blood circulation etc.(The Vacuole Effect or sucking in new experience and blowing out waste products (old ideas) - in fact you could say that as we go through the universe, the universe goes through us and that things don't so much change as exchange (no death, just transformation)). In emotional terms this means that to deprogram our minds and reprogram them with new experiences, we must dump our old prejudices by expressing them. This allows us to move on physically and explore the world again with new eyes (sound is energy moving (expanding/ relaxing) as sight is transfixed attention, that hold us in thrall (intellect or insight/ understanding as opposed to the mystery that moves us i.e. the war between reason and feeling (science versus religion) or feminine and masculine directions of energy/ attention.

My theory applies to even the state society is in at present.  We've projected ourselves forward in time like one of those Slinky toys that roll down stairs as we've discharged post war inhibitions, creating a society where anything is possible, good or bad, leading to the soft, flabby over-indulged (see Carlos Castenada's Don Juan about this term) child we see now: Decadent materialism as opposed to spirituality - full stop on progress of society because individual whim has taken over from the needs of the other (we’re lost in pursuit of fancy cars, big houses and foreign holidays to the detriment of our social conscience, which has just become something else to put right by throwing money at it, instead of personal involvement).

This moving from one state to another, is what causes the visual distortion of things appearing smaller or larger than they are or The Alice in Wonderland effect of ‘eat me/ drink me’(over-confidence in physical mode of operation, leading to mis-judgements and accidents in our actions or under-confidence in mental mode (certainty and doubt/ thought and action/ expansion and contraction/ withdrawal and advancement towards a subject or object):  Generalized awareness is 'union with' as specific awareness is 'separation from' the main or macrocosm versus microcosm, mind versus spirit, here and now versus there and then (anywhere or any when else).  Advertising is trying to rush you into acting without thinking (reacting, not analyzing) - that is identifying 'with' something as happens in religion, politics and music (going with your feelings):  'You and non-you' as Nancy Astor put it in a book title or separation and awareness of, versus 'union  or motion with' and unawareness of (Thinking is  stopping and using your eyes to see what is around you and is the opposite mode to sound/ motion, which blinds you through blurring perception:  Passive reception or being there as opposed to active transmission [projection] and going somewhere else - anything that makes you feel and move, gets you to join it in the same way as anything that makes you stop and think, keeps you separate from it ).  All aggression is defence against joining and understanding something (revelation/ sartori/ that Eureka moment or Godhead:  See film segment of 'The Necronomican' directed by Japanese guy, where police chase what is thought to be serial killer but instead turn out to be ancient race of creatures living underground.  In one scene the heroine is told not to worry because when her consciousness is transferred to one of these beings, her perception of right and wrong will reverse also).

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2010, 9:47 am

You are very creative. This is brilliant. Keep the theories coming...

-Pythagoras

paigetheoracle
Raven
Raven

08 Jan 2010, 10:01 am

I am very creative and have written a book as mentioned elsewhere on the site (Empty Thoughts from an Empty Head) but it doesn't stop me being a failure (side effect of Autism as various authorities on the subject have noted).

As the Alice quote you used implies, advice is pointless but pointing out the truth of what we do without bias, may not be

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2010, 10:40 am

I'll buy your book.

-Pythagoras

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2010, 12:49 pm

Show us some mathematics, and make a specific quantitative prediction than can be tested empirically.

Theories that do not make quantitative predictions are scientifically worthless.

ruveyn

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2010, 10:30 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Show us some mathematics, and make a specific quantitative prediction than can be tested empirically.

Theories that do not make quantitative predictions are scientifically worthless.

ruveyn

Well, maybe not math, and maybe not a specific quantitative prediction, but still more definiteness might be better. I think I recognize some of this kind of phenomenon, but I am somewhat concerned that too much metaphysics is being inserted into this matter.

bigblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2010, 4:44 am

ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

:lol: :wink:
I have to agree with Reuven, This isn't scientific until you add empirical data. But your subject appears to be more of perspective than a scientific theory. And I agree with the perspective that humans are loosing spirituality and social responsibility for "The American Dream." And it is clear that the ones in control of big money are driving us to spend more faster. Excesses galore and no time to think about it, Just buy, do, and follow along with the Jonse's.

Did I put it together right :?:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 5:26 am

Spirituality is oversold. Whenever you want to screw up living make sure to formulate cockeyed ideals like absolutes of racial or religious superiority or distorted concepts of perfection or good and evil that permits one to murder, torture, steal or commit other atrocities in pursuit of insane goals with no sense of decency or pangs of conscience.

bigblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2010, 5:09 pm

Sand wrote:
Spirituality is oversold. Whenever you want to screw up living make sure to formulate cockeyed ideals like absolutes of racial or religious superiority or distorted concepts of perfection or good and evil that permits one to murder, torture, steal or commit other atrocities in pursuit of insane goals with no sense of decency or pangs of conscience.

Im sorry I can only smile when I see your posts. A Scientific mentality is so exclusionary, it is as closed minded as that which you describe to be spiritual.

I hear you, atrocity's blow, and all beliefs about spirituality are either racist or lopsided in a big way. Its insane to persue such stupidness. Its all dirty. yuck. booo. boo. idiots.

I am one of those cooco idiots, and I don't think I agree with much of what you write, I would likely choose not to continue living if I had these views, I need to believe in something beyond my own capacity for understanding. Something as good as Eating warm oatmeal with maple syrup bacon and some beaver meat, all cozy in seal skins in a warm igloo on a cold winters day. Something GOOD.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 7:16 pm

bigblock wrote:
Sand wrote:

Im sorry I can only smile when I see your posts. A Scientific mentality is so exclusionary, it is as closed minded as that which you describe to be spiritual.

I hear you, atrocity's blow, and all beliefs about spirituality are either racist or lopsided in a big way. Its insane to persue such stupidness. Its all dirty. yuck. booo. boo. idiots.

I am one of those cooco idiots, and I don't think I agree with much of what you write, I would likely choose not to continue living if I had these views, I need to believe in something beyond my own capacity for understanding. Something as good as Eating warm oatmeal with maple syrup bacon and some beaver meat, all cozy in seal skins in a warm igloo on a cold winters day. Something GOOD.

I have faith in the coercion that communal living in general promotes decency amongst people living in groups whether or not they have religious faith. History has clearly demonstrated that adherence to various idealisms, religious or economic, has resulted in horrible brutal social interaction. This is not theory, it is confirmed fact. A glance at the historical behavior of Christianity, Muslim, Zionist Jewish, communist and fascist idealisms is a clear revelation of viciousness justified by idealism. It is nothing to grin about and casually dismiss as scientific stupidity. There is a large anti-intellectual sector in the USA that is unfortunate and does not bode well for the future of the country.

bigblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2010, 7:36 pm

You can have a nice tenner at times Sand. I am sadened to agree that humanity often follows ideals that are terribly misdirected. But what do you call your kindness that warms your heart? What do you call my deepest intentions? I have only found the word spirituality that is open enough to lend my ignorant sense about it enough meaning within our limited language. I do have some difficulty seeing the shades of grey in between your and my views though. I wish to meet you there.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 8:00 pm

bigblock wrote:
You can have a nice tenner at times Sand. I am sadened to agree that humanity often follows ideals that are terribly misdirected. But what do you call your kindness that warms your heart? What do you call my deepest intentions? I have only found the word spirituality that is open enough to lend my ignorant sense about it enough meaning within our limited language. I do have some difficulty seeing the shades of grey in between your and my views though. I wish to meet you there.

Not to be picky but merely offering information, a tenner is worth ten dollars. A tenor is an emotional sense to a comment or a male singer, whatever you intend.

Spirit has to do with something supernatural or, again, the emotional sense of an intent. I have no spirituality at all since I have no confidence in the existence of spooks (other than the CIA and like organizations). Kindness can be evoked by compassion which I feel has very little to do with religiosity. I am very compassionate and have concluded that all religion is a scam.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 9:31 pm

That's right, I believe. Spirit has nothing to do with the supernatural.

-Pythagoras

bigblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2010, 11:04 pm

I meant tenor not ten bucks or male singing. You are evidently compassionate, but using words like "spooks" in the context that you did crosses your compassion with resentment. I doubt that any one would disregard your solid points about religion. I agree, but I haven't connected spirituality and religion in my life. The two are separate in definition and practice. I like church but am not religious. Spiritual reality is a hypothesis that I have developed from amalgamating what I have experienced in life with a limited knowledge of Quantum Physics, Astrology, Buddhism, Paganism, and Christianity. In some ways if you overlay all theses philosophy's some points remain consistent and likely. And thus my conclusions that their exists more to life than meets the eyes. Nothing to do with ghosts. The power of good lives but is it merely human compassion, or is it something more? where does compashion come from? Natural selection likely wouldn't favor compassion. So then why is it still within us?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 11:18 pm

Natural selection, according to the latest studies, does favor compassion. In essence my compassion is rooted in seeing any life as significant as my own. Naturally if someone or something else's welfare depends upon my destruction I must react to protect myself but I do not intentionally kill anything in my surroundings that is no danger to myself or other life I hold valuable. There is value in all life as it is an interdependent web of intricate relationships, many of which we are still learning about and learning to value.

bigblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2010, 11:27 pm

Well said. I buy that, and I find no holes in your theory.