Do you picture the person talking in their avatar

Page 4 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

sfumato
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jan 2010, 3:23 pm

I always do. It also seems that I can´t associate the person with their name only with their avatar. If a person doesn´t have an avatar it is almost immpossible (exept it is someone with an really outstanding name) for me to remember that person. I think this could have to do with my way thinking in pictures.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 3:40 pm

Asmodeus wrote:
Ambivalence wrote:
Looks like a cross between a vévé and Prince? What is it?

:D
I'm going to leave it a mystery. It's not impossible to find out. 8)

Normally I love the predictive text thing on Google searches, but it's a little freaky when it fills in "demonic sigils" as I type it! :lol:

The year is still young.

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 3:44 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:
Ambivalence wrote:

Normally I love the predictive text thing on Google searches, but it's a little freaky when it fills in "demonic sigils" as I type it! :lol:

Type "How to break" and look at those predilections. Those aren't bad. Also, "How to give" is good.

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 3:54 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:
Ambivalence wrote:

I love the way google never morally discriminates when helping you spell,
Did you mean: killing the innocent

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Jan 2010, 10:58 pm

Yes, I imagine the avatar being the person speaking here. My avatar is me, but way back in 1974. I like using a real picture me when I was growing up because I still feel like I am a child in some ways. As a child, journeys are just beginning. And now, with being diagnosed with AS a little over a year now, I feel like my journey is just beginning.

I have thought of changing my avatar with another picture of me growing up, but I am hesitant to since I read a thread around a year ago stating confusion recognizing members when they change their avatars. But a lot of you change your avatars, and many times they are similar types---such as CockneyRebel's types of avatars. I usually have little trouble when avatars are changed. So maybe it's time I put a different picture of me up---if I dare to change it---I often like things the way they are.

12 Jan 2010, 11:14 pm

superboyian wrote:
I do aswell, I always imagined MONKEY talking when she had the avatar with the man with tv glasses :lol:
TallyMan as the old man speaking... rather very humorous. :lol:
jocundthelilac as Sportacus :lol:

Spokane_Girl, what does my avatar say about me?

You are an artist and you like to take photos and make them artistic. I assume it's you in the avatar.

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 9:22 am

glider18 wrote:
I have thought of changing my avatar with another picture of me growing up, but I am hesitant to since I read a thread around a year ago stating confusion recognizing members when they change their avatars. But a lot of you change your avatars, and many times they are similar types---such as CockneyRebel's types of avatars. I usually have little trouble when avatars are changed. So maybe it's time I put a different picture of me up---if I dare to change it---I often like things the way they are.

I don't have any difficulty when someone changes their Avatar. I do like certain ones more than others, but it's certainly their prerogative to use the picture they want.

Also, I like my own Avatar to much currently to want to change it ^_^

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 9:37 am

I do on a level, but I see that the avatar represents a part of the person that they want to show. For me I like changing to something I am likeing at the time, though at first lately I think it didn't give off anything right, but lately I just whent through a show that I enjoyed and got me emotionaly , and is kind of badge of growing. I would like to think other's in a simular way.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 2:44 pm

No, I don't.

All one can deduce from my avatar is that I am a massive fan of Tomas Ledin.

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 3:43 pm

Yes. Even if it is inanimate.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jun 2016, 10:32 pm

No I do not. I think I lack the imagination for it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 10:40 pm

Yep. While I'm reading the post, I'll look at their picture several times. They picked that picture for a reason - because it tells something about them. If the picture is a guy and it's a females post, or the opposite, I get really confused and whatever the picture is then that is what they are too in my mind. If the picture is an animal, then the animal is whatever sex the poster says they are. That's why I picked Grumpy Cat because she's grumpy and she's a girl.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 3:00 pm

I can assure you I'm female, Angela! My avatar is my celebrity crush (despite being asexual).

LittleLu
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jun 2016, 3:18 pm

I always hear the voices of avatars. The only time I don't is when a poster actually hasn't added an avatar to their profile. Then it's like a ghosty monotone.

I always pick my avatars based on what I relate most with. In this case the picture I fell in love with was this rainbow one, because it encompasses my love of bright color and my Synesthesia, as well as keeping the young innocence that I've possessed since I was little. I use it for most forum profiles now.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2016, 4:25 pm

MamaFrankie5259 wrote:
I can assure you I'm female, Angela! My avatar is my celebrity crush (despite being asexual).

I can't help it, I still see the person as their picture. I'm visual so I have to have something I look at. That's why when I find the opposite to be true it can really distress me.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2016, 6:36 am

LittleLu wrote:
I always hear the voices of avatars. The only time I don't is when a poster actually hasn't added an avatar to their profile. Then it's like a ghosty monotone.

I always pick my avatars based on what I relate most with. In this case the picture I fell in love with was this rainbow one, because it encompasses my love of bright color and my Synesthesia, as well as keeping the young innocence that I've possessed since I was little. I use it for most forum profiles now.

Interesting observation on hearing the voices, Lu, especially the ghostly monotone one.

Most of the time my avatar speaks Swedish (his native language). When he speaks English it is with a slight American accent as he was partially educated there.