Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2010, 8:03 am

If I attract women at all, it's been a bunch of conservative women who are attracted to me. My level of love-shyness is such that this all happened online. Stark differences blindingly obvious nonetheless between conservative and liberal women I've been in contact with, and those outside the US who are usually going to be more liberal.

I still find the conservative US culture intriguing.

Had a chat with a friend last night where he asked if I'd done online dating. Not as such but I said I'd met women online generally, and explained that it was the conservative ones who were attracted to me and not liberals.

One reason, he reckoned, is my level of politeness and that accords well with conservative US society. Never thought of it like that before but yeah, seems a valid point as I do see more sarcasm in the more liberal America, and those people outside the US.

That's a trait that's apparently particular to me, though, but another thing he came up with is: liberal women are more astute, conservative women are more (in his words) "backward". Astute, in that they are wanting to work me out, and work out why I'm the way I am (i.e. why I'm single). That's maybe one area where Aspies struggling with romance might have less credibility with liberals.

AspiInLV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jan 2010, 1:51 pm

we are stuck knowing only how to get to 1st base. It is an Aspi's personal ritual. I am not a psychiatrist/psychologist, but you should consult one for anti-anxiety drugs. we are all used to doing the same thing over and over again. The steps in courting are dynamic, the situation can be different than expected. if you find the woman of interest is attracted to you, but has a look of anguish when communicating, then she is married. It is best to forget any amorus intentions, and cover everything up, before the husband finds out and tries to create new openings in one's body.

BetsyRath
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jan 2010, 7:10 pm

I would submit this is not polite vs. impolite. However, it is possible your formality and politeness in language is construed, possibly misconstrued, as personal conservativism, which can then be extrapolated by the reader to political conservativism. In other words, to the online stranger, because you are not quickly or overly familiar you have conservative values. I think "polite" or "impolite" is a misnomer here.

This is part of what attracted me to Mr. Rath. In his case, he is personally conservative. He is NOT politically conservative, and neither am I. But, for instance, I am careful with my money, I like tidiness, we live simply, our children are well behaved.

I would not generalize polite or impolite to politics. I might be on firmer ground generalizing familiar behavior - and it is possible to make an argument that a politically liberal person might behave more familiarly in a quick fashion. After all - politics are values and at it's core liberalism is about progressiveness. But at the same time, I've known conservative gals that were familiar, open, and warm also.

Ultimately, politics in the US are much more complicated than they seem from the outside.

DataSage
Raven
Raven

08 Jan 2010, 8:37 pm

Conservative women are annoying. Liberal women are dangerous.

What you want is a free spirit libertarian chick. It's the only way to go.

lewdi28792
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2010, 12:39 pm

DataSage wrote:
Conservative women are annoying. Liberal women are dangerous.

What you want is a free spirit libertarian chick. It's the only way to go.

liberal/left-wing women are even more dangerous to their unborn. even more dangerous than you think.

Shiznown
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2010, 7:27 pm

All this right wing left wing stuff is BS. I believe there should be no parties and just focus solely on issues, instead of being confined in this small box of ideas and views.