Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jekyll
Raven
Raven

28 Feb 2006, 10:11 pm

Actually, I did ignore her today. She saw me in the hall, and she said something to me, and I just walked right past her without even looking at her. I'm rather good at that :)

rhubarbpluscustard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Mar 2006, 2:02 pm

My tact consists of avoiding delicate situations altogether. I won't ask people any kind of personal question, I won't say "What's the matter?", I won't pass judgement on anything. I expect it pisses people off sometimes, but it's the most I can manage.

Jekyll
Raven
Raven

06 Mar 2006, 3:13 pm

I'm really terrible at initiating conversation and saying hello to people. I usually either start into conversation without saying hi at all or just stand there and stare at the person until they notice that I'm there. That scares people. They don't like it when people don't say hi to them. I don't know why...

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2006, 6:10 pm

Tact? I try, but then end up at the opposite end - what comes out of my mouth is so garbled with so much twisted logic that I then have to try to explain what I've said, and in the end I just have to say outright what I mean. Which isn't good.

Astreja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Mar 2006, 11:46 pm

It doesn't happen very often, but once in a while something tactless or inappropriate just flies out of my mouth. Rarely is there any mean intent behind it. Usually, I just turned a phrase over in my mind and blurted out something because it sounded good.

Sometimes I hear it after the fact and wince; but a lot of the time I don't realize there's a problem until the offended party repeats my words back to me.

Data
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Mar 2006, 11:38 am

If we were blind, no one would make unkind comments if we tripped over something. But they can be really cruel and unkind if we trip up in a verbal/social interaction, yet we have as much control over that as a blind person has over their sightedness. It's just not fair :evil:

crisco
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Mar 2006, 7:33 pm

The best method with tact is do not a motormouth and save your words for generate one good line. Let the NTs do all the gabbing and you say one the classic line. People remember you by the lines. Aspies should never be motormouths but we can say something profound and mind-provocative.

I have bought a PDA with Verizon Broadband. This little device will be huge aid in conversations because I can google something and do my homework to ensure that my lines have something pr

gloomywtregret
Raven
Raven

11 Mar 2006, 8:14 pm

It's one of my main aspie dilemmas.
I try to shut up but a part of me just wants to keep saying rabidly offensive things.