No Matter where you go.... SOMEBODY won't like you....

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Greshym_Shorkan
Toucan
Toucan

10 Jan 2010, 5:04 am

I have been told this so many times, from professionals to family members. But it seems only true for me. Do others just not care as much? :?

emc2
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jan 2010, 5:13 am

It's a generalised statement or saying.

I have heard that one before, it doesn't have anything to do with Asperger's.

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 7:36 am

Another variation: "You can't please everyone" [so could as well stop trying because it makes things a lot worse]

VincentVanJones
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jan 2010, 7:40 am

No matter how popular a person or idea is, somebody will always find a problem with it. Such is life.

Also as far as going to new places and having old problem, as my parents have said:

No matter where you go, you take yourself with you.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 10:15 am

Another version of that statement goes like this: "You can please half the people all the time. You can please all the people half the time. But you can't please all the people all the time."

10 Jan 2010, 11:14 am

Pat of life. I don't care if someone doesn't like me. Their loss. It happens to everyone.

You can't please everyone.

TB
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 11:41 am

just look at it this way do you like everyone in this world ?. no off course you don't so why should the whole world like you.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 11:53 am

Quote:
No Matter where you go.... SOMEBODY won't like you....
Quote:
Do others just not care as much?

well i do not care at all.
as long as they do not step into my path and hinder my progress, they are free to think as they will.
i am not privy to anything about what is going though their brains except that i can see ugly expressions on some peoples faces i scan as i walk by.
but they are like unattractive pictures on a wall of a hall i am waking through, and i do not pay more than scant attention to them.

some people at work think i am like an insect when it comes to compassion, but that is a thought they take home in their own heads, and i care not that they possess those thoughts. it is their own baggage.
as long as they do not interfere with my thoroughfare, they can think what ever they will.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 1:37 pm

Last edited by Willard on 11 Jan 2010, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImNotOk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jan 2010, 5:34 pm

That works just fine for me. I dont like most people I meet anyway. Saves me the trouble of having to blow them off and/or ignore them. I have learned that most people who dont like me are probably not people I would enjoy being around anyway, its the easier way of weeding them out. My father always told me that if you have to force something it probably isnt meant to be and until you become content with whats meant to be you will remain unhappy. I choose happiness.

Loli-kun
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2010, 12:02 am

Wherever you go someone won't like you, and I don't give a damn about that person!

My passions from a common spring.
(Excerpt From "Alone" By E.A. Poe)

Greshym_Shorkan
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2010, 12:17 am

Willard wrote:
The people I've consistently found to dislike me, are in turn, generally disliked by the majority of people around them and all tend toward a specific personality type. @ssh*les. That's a personality type, right? :wink: Usually they are control-freaks and manipulators who hate anyone who doesn't cow to them. Bullies.

Dude, I love how you word things- so concise and true! And yeah, I noticed that a lot of the bullies and overbearing narcissists don't like me either, and for the exact same reason- I don't kao-tao (sp?) to their ego. I noticed though I do seem to attract a lot of rotten people at various places. But now that I think about it, I do get unusually sensitive when I see somebody who ignores or disrespects me, but treats others differently.

Salonfilosoof
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 5:38 am

Greshym_Shorkan wrote:
I have been told this so many times, from professionals to family members. But it seems only true for me. Do others just not care as much? :?

Wherever I go, most people will think I'm a freak. Some will think I'm a very likable freak and others will be incredibly annoyed be me, but they'll never all see me as a freak. It's a part of life I've learnt to accept. Most people with Asperger's have to.

It's just hard for meeting women. Women don't tend to be attracted to freaks :?