Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 8:57 pm

Anyone know any tricks for getting them to stay in place and fit snugly?

I wear a belt and choose the smallest possible size, but they stretch and slide down throughout the day. Very annoying. Does the old bath technique work?

(No crude jokes wanted here. I'm being completely literal and serious.)

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 10:28 pm

The solution I could think of is possibly either gain abit of weight (if underweight) or actually poke an extra hole on the belt which I do with one of mine....

Maybe that might help?

superboyian.

willa
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 10:46 pm

I know there is a particular brand of jeans I wont buy because they fit like crap, just the way they're cut, i dont like the way they fit and they always feel like they are falling off. So, I guess my question/suggestion would be - have you tried different brands? (on top of the whole different styles from brands, i dont know the difference, but they've always got relaxed fit and comfort fit and all that crap)

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 11:24 pm

I feel like I've tried everything (tight belt, different brands, different styles). But nothing seems to work (within the realm of what I consider fashionably acceptable . . . ).

Haven't given up hope yet, though. Maybe one day, I'll find a brand and style of jeans that are attractive, comfortable and stay on properly.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 1:44 am

Have you tried larger sizes instead? When I wear small pants they get pulled down when I sit BECAUSE they are tight.
Also, I've found that wearing a wider belt helps, because the skinnier ones sort of dig in and creep down, while a wider one holds itself up with the friction of a larger surface area, and so tends not to creep down as much.

Or you can just go with overalls. I did that for a few years. If you wear a shirt over them, you might be able to avoid looking like a total dork. But probably not. XD;;

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 2:22 am

wigglyspider wrote:
Have you tried larger sizes instead? When I wear small pants they get pulled down when I sit BECAUSE they are tight.
Also, I've found that wearing a wider belt helps, because the skinnier ones sort of dig in and creep down, while a wider one holds itself up with the friction of a larger surface area, and so tends not to creep down as much.

Or you can just go with overalls. I did that for a few years. If you wear a shirt over them, you might be able to avoid looking like a total dork. But probably not. XD;;

Aha! Well, overalls aren't really my thing, but I do like really tight jeans. That could explain it.

Thanks. :)

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 2:45 am

Wear suspenders :P

What sort of pants are they? low-rise hipsters? Mid-rise? Or maybe higher?
Low rise hipsters are always bound to slip down, but mid-rise or higher should be ok. I get kinda tired of hiking up my pants every ten minutes too.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 4:05 am

I hate pants. I need to wear a belt with slim sizes because they're always too loose. But if I go down a size, the length is too short. This is why I typically wear leggings or tights with skirts and dresses.

The pair of jeans I was wearing today ended up bruising my left hip, too. And yes, they were still too loose in other parts (and these were skinny jeans of all types- they're the only ones I can even attempt to wear).

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 4:26 am

wigglyspider wrote:

what pants u have? i mean brand i have side s levis and they fit snugly^^

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 11:36 am

You could just let your pants sag, since that's the style nowadays. :lol:

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 3:22 pm

Good advice! I like tight stretch-style jeans. That's a problem, but it's what I find most comfortable. I should try ones with a higher waist, expecting them to sag. What I really want is a true jeans-leggings hybrid. Jeans that will cling softly and tightly like leggings but look like jeans and have a denim-ish feel to them. There must be high waisted ones out there.

I've been wearing BDG skinny stretch jeans, sold at Urban Outfitters. At first, I thought they were a great discovery, but then the sagging started to happen. I'll look at Levi's again.

And, no, I'm not gonna just let them sag a bit - I don't want to show my crack in pubic. It's just wrong.