Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

RichardP
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jan 2010, 11:42 pm

My handwriting has been terrible since grade school and the sisters who taught me repeatedly remarked on it. I have only three problems I am told I write upside down, background, too small and illegibly. Even when I worked briefly as a nurse nobody could read my notes and that's a real comedown when even doctors and nurses can't read your writing. I usually print but do it the same way as cursive and nobody understands that either, The handwriting you've depicted here constitutes models of fine handwriting compared to me. Don't castigate yourself before you can scrutinize other Aspie's handwriting/

"The purpose of the physician is to entertain the patient whilst the disease runs its inevitable course." -Voltaire

Autism-Spectrum Quotient (AT) Test: 46

Broad Autism Phenotype Test: 132 aloof, 114 rigid, 99 pragmatic

Alla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2010, 4:36 am

superboyian wrote:
My handwriting resembles yours a lot. According to graphologists, our mind rules us (rather than our heart). We have lots of emotion (pressure of pen) but we are reserved about expressing it.

Quote:
:lol: That weirdly sounds like a person i'am funny enough.... If I was feeling depressed, I would normally write it down.... I can't seem to change my handwriting no matter how hard I tried :lol: I guess that can't change.

superboyian, were you a good student? Were you good at grammar and writing as well as subjects like history/geography? I was the best in my class in grammar and history/geography were my special interests so I was awesome in them. I still love to look at maps of countries for hours and can bring up the map of a particular country in my head when someone talks about, say, Germany.

Math was another matter. I was not bad at it, I would say I was average, but it did not interest me much so I did not spend enough time with it.

LuxoJr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2010, 5:30 am

I write in cursive so it's rather neat but certainly not caligraphric. And when I print it's very messy unless I meticulously draw out each letter as neatly as possible.
So you can imagine taking notes in class can take me a while.
Also, I've taken Greek classes and we had to learn to write in the alphabet and I've been trying to learn D'ni and Elvish writing, both of which closely resemble Arabic in a way, and so recently my cursive has gotten more...ehh... swift in lines. I would scan a copy but I don't have my camera at the moment.

Woodpeace
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2010, 5:59 am

When I take the time and trouble I write neatly.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 7:15 am

Alla wrote:
superboyian wrote:
My handwriting resembles yours a lot. According to graphologists, our mind rules us (rather than our heart). We have lots of emotion (pressure of pen) but we are reserved about expressing it.

Quote:
:lol: That weirdly sounds like a person i'am funny enough.... If I was feeling depressed, I would normally write it down.... I can't seem to change my handwriting no matter how hard I tried :lol: I guess that can't change.

superboyian, were you a good student? Were you good at grammar and writing as well as subjects like history/geography? I was the best in my class in grammar and history/geography were my special interests so I was awesome in them. I still love to look at maps of countries for hours and can bring up the map of a particular country in my head when someone talks about, say, Germany.

Yes, I was definitely a good student when I reached secondary school and yes I was the best at those subjects that I had a major pass but grammar and spelling isn't exactly the best but still come across as good according to my teachers.

History/geography was also good aswell but the work I was given was too easy and in special ed, they would only teach you the basics and it seemed far too easy for me so they to challenge me the hardest work they could find, but I ended up flowing through it.

Maths, not the best at but I do pretty well at it but my weak points would of been division and fractions.

I used to write alot of stories when I was younger that would come up in my mind.

Math was another matter. I was not bad at it, I would say I was average, but it did not interest me much so I did not spend enough time with it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 1:54 pm

I don't print or write. I type on the computer and than I print my stuff out, whether it's a story for my clubhouse newsletter, or a shopping list. It's that much easier for me. It would have taken me 10 times as long to get this on paper.

Alan314159
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Jan 2010, 5:33 pm

My handwriting is appalling. One of my teachers said I'd grow up to be a GP based solely on the fact that my writing is illegible... :D
My sister once described it as looking as if a spider has jumped into a pot of ink and scuttled across the page.

Due to my habit of taking things literally, ever since I've been told to "write joined-up", that's exactly what I've done. Every single letter in a word is connected to the next one, because it doesn't occur to me that I can lift my hand off the page while half way through a word. Even if it did occur to me, I'd then have the dilemma of deciding WHEN to lift my hand - I couldn't do it spontaneously as other people seem to.
I end up pivoting my hand around where it rests on the paper, and consequently my writing barely sits on the line half the time.

For neatness purposes I prefer to print whenever possible, although it's a lot slower.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 5:40 pm

My son can't write. Not the way he is supposed to be able to. Thankfully, schools have advanced in their thinking since PunkyCat's day and no one is calling him lazy. If we hadn't demanded some assistance on it, however, we would never have gotten the evaluation that led to discovery of the AS. The horse that drew the cart was the trouble with writing.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 5:42 pm

Mine is generally neat and the writing is always joined together. Depending on the size of the paper, the size of my handwriting can vary. But I'm terrible at doing signatures! :lol:

SpongeBobRocksMao!

iSpy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2010, 7:40 pm

there you go..

Netish
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2010, 8:47 pm

I write very neatly in almost cursive. However it's interesting in that I write in a completely different way than is normal(how I hold the pencil/pen). Also, I can write with both hands, my right is mostly better though.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 9:10 pm

My handwriting is atrocious. I can't do cursive.

TonyTheTiger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jan 2010, 9:15 pm

Mine is bad.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 9:46 pm

I like my handwritng more than my printing. My handwriting is girly pretty.

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 12:07 pm

My handwriting is absolutely crap, I have a netbook for school work.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 12:19 pm

well here is an example of my handwriting.