Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

leschevalsroses
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2010, 4:17 pm

I lie all the time, sometimes unintentionally so. Most of the time I lie because I can't figure out how to say what I want to convey properly, and what comes out leads people to a completely different conclusion than I intended. A lot of times I also lie because I feel like most people won't understand the truth, or the truth will lead to more conversation that I want to avoid or make people uncomfortable.

veiledexpressions
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2010, 4:46 pm

I do, but not very well. It is one trait I have that goes against typical Aspie traits.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 4:52 pm

No, there doesn't seem to be any basis to it, even if I were able to, which I am not.

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 5:04 pm

Of course not! (do I even have to explain the joke?)

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

11 Jan 2010, 5:10 pm

I trolled on AS Partners and Yahoo Answers, I lie when I am embarrassed and I feel dishonest every time. When I feel ashamed, it's so easy to lie and leave out details and be vague.

Now to think of another troll question for YA. I think I have one now. I might post it today.

My favorite trolling question was about me breaking into the B&J house and drawing the floor plans and getting caught and now I am on bail. I asked if I could use my AS as a defense. That was a parody on the Gary McCannon case. Yep I blamed it on the AS in my question and people fell for it.

Sometimes I like to ask troll questions about myself and exaggerate it or make it genuine and say I know someone with AS bla bla bla. I did that with my husband's feet and people were focused on the AS. Now to repost it again and take out the AS and see if peoples responses are different. I like to test people.

alana
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 5:12 pm

the truth is really important to me but I have this thing with what I call 'the land of seem' where (most probably) NT people have told me at various times in my life that if you do or say this or that it will *seem* like some thing I haven't factored in or thought about is true or not true. They innately know about the qualities of 'seem' and spend a great deal of time either avoiding 'seeming' like something or other or they put alot of energy into 'seeming' ways that really aren't true about themselves. Whenever this is brought up to me, just thinking about that whole world and making those calculations wears me out. I tried very hard when I was alot younger (mostly early twenties) and I got it wrong more often than not. I refuse to live in the land of seem. I don't know why this comes up for me around the truth but it's causes trouble in my life, alot of times with skewed people, but nonetheless.

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

11 Jan 2010, 5:19 pm

I tell white lies all the time (to avoid hurting feelings). I do tell bigger lies but feel horrible every time. Most of the time I lie to keep the secrets of others or to keep my life private. I can't think of a time when I lied to protect myself, or keep myself out of trouble (as an adult, at least.)

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 5:29 pm

Only white lies mostly. I'm not very good at telling big lies. :?

SpongeBobRocksMao!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 6:19 pm

I don't lie to anybody, these days.

I used to lie a lot, when I was in high school and college. I didn't want my parents to know that I wasn't very happy, during those years.

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 6:23 pm

I lie to my manager. It's better than killing him.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 7:12 pm

For some people, lying becomes kind of an addiction. My son's father was this way. It's impossible to have a functional relationship under the circumstances. Everybody lies sometime; but some people lie to manage their lives all the while destroying their lives. This is not unlike a drug or alcohol addiction. At a certain point if someone lies to me, I'm going to think that they must think I'm stupid or that they are afraid to tell me the truth. Neither of these make me feel very good. People seem to assume I'm a lot less understanding and a lot more judgmental than I actually am. It's the face. :hmph:

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 7:15 pm

No. If there is something I dont want to say then I have my tacticts on how to get around it without lying...

FeralAspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jan 2010, 7:58 pm

I guess how each person defines a lie is different.

But I would have thought most aspies would have faked sickness to avoid school fairly often, I certainly did. And that's lying by telling people I have a sore stomach when I don't.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 8:02 pm

FeralAspie wrote:
I guess how each person defines a lie is different.

But I would have thought most aspies would have faked sickness to avoid school fairly often, I certainly did. And that's lying by telling people I have a sore stomach when I don't.

Once I tried holding the thermometer under running hot water. Didn't get away with it. :lol:

veiledexpressions
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2010, 8:10 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I trolled on AS Partners and Yahoo Answers, I lie when I am embarrassed and I feel dishonest every time. When I feel ashamed, it's so easy to lie and leave out details and be vague.

Now to think of another troll question for YA. I think I have one now. I might post it today.

My favorite trolling question was about me breaking into the B&J house and drawing the floor plans and getting caught and now I am on bail. I asked if I could use my AS as a defense. That was a parody on the Gary McCannon case. Yep I blamed it on the AS in my question and people fell for it.

Sometimes I like to ask troll questions about myself and exaggerate it or make it genuine and say I know someone with AS bla bla bla. I did that with my husband's feet and people were focused on the AS. Now to repost it again and take out the AS and see if peoples responses are different. I like to test people.

lol I remember reading that, and another post of yours that you posted here as well. I'm a YA addict.

11 Jan 2010, 8:20 pm

veiledexpressions wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:

lol I remember reading that, and another post of yours that you posted here as well. I'm a YA addict.

LOL which one? The one about B&J or the one about the feet?

I have two YA accounts and I have one suspended one. I'm Kit at YA and my other account is my troll one.