Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 10:43 pm

Welcome! There are quite a few of us here who didn't know about AS until we were well out of the public school system. And I, like you, did my share of drugs in order to cope with being different. Personally, I think they should do research on low levels of MDMA on people with autism 8)

If you stick around here, you'll learn that research has pretty much proven that vaccinations have nothing to do with autism.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 11:00 pm

aqualoy wrote:
yep! unfortunately Ian, the drugs did most of the damage. when i finish work i go home and get lost in time, exept for tv which keeps me semi aware of reality. When i'm off, its a real nightmare, i can't even get out of my room in case i bump into housemate and have to say hello or make small talk. going out gets worst. actualy, this is so weird! i've never revealed this to anyone and feel really strange talking about it. better stop for now so i can get my head around the fact i've started talking about it.

I actually didn't seem to realise that it was a nightmare doing an everyday life, i only feel like that with new people I don't know, yet at least on the brightside I got the guts to at least say hello back but I weirdly find that kinda scary at times and it only got like this when my girlfriend had depression and it started affecting me in so many ways that I've suddenly started being scared to talk to people plus being called all sorts of names whenever I was at woolworths. Bad times.

I sometimes avoid phone calls at times because I just don't like talking on the phone in general, I dunno why but there is something about it that gives me this uncomfortable feeling inside but I do prefer to ring... Especially with my girlfriend which i've told you about which ain't going so well at the moment due to some love problem and conflicts.

I have to admit, when I joined this site back at september, in some ways, I have improved and somehow gained more confidence. :)

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 11:06 pm

superboyian wrote:
I have to admit, when I joined this site back at september, in some ways, I have improved and somehow gained more confidence. :)

I feel the same way. Some how reading others' aspie experiences makes me seem less abnormal. I understand myself much better now, and I credit this site with that.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 11:22 pm

MsTriste wrote:
superboyian wrote:

I feel the same way. Some how reading others' aspie experiences makes me seem less abnormal. I understand myself much better now, and I credit this site with that.

Thats good to hear :D At least now we fit in this world somewhere.... This is like a jigsaw puzzle know yourself but then there's a missing piece.
I search and search for the deep puzzle and then eventually after 18 years of my life, I found this missing piece and it fits perfectly, it seems to feel like that to me. :)

aqualoy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jan 2010, 8:11 pm

Telephone conversation is something i still can;t deal with, for really strange reasons my listening skills are non existent. but strangely if i talk through a headset and can hear through both ears, it makes all the difference. anyone else has this reaction?

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 9:57 pm

:lol: that's why you would normally see me wearing headphones when I'm in a call.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2010, 11:59 am

This is so interesting! I'm glad you've joined the conversation. The understanding I've gained here on WP has helped me come to terms with so much of my personal history.

Even before I lost my hearing I hated phone calls. I still don't know why innocuous phone calls would leave me drenched in sweat.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2010, 2:27 pm

lelia wrote:
This is so interesting! I'm glad you've joined the conversation. The understanding I've gained here on WP has helped me come to terms with so much of my personal history.

Even before I lost my hearing I hated phone calls. I still don't know why innocuous phone calls would leave me drenched in sweat.

I'm glad somebody invent a headset so it saves me time from holding the phone and i can't all the time keep my arms up talking for an hour... :lol: once I get into a conversation that is very interesting..... I could normally last for hours and hours :lol: yes hours... but it would normally have to be someone i'm very comfortable with though for that to happen :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2010, 3:13 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!