Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

kingtut3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2010, 4:27 pm

Sometimes I raise my hand in class because I know all the answers. For that reason, my teacher rarely calls on me. Does that happen any body else?

Descartes30
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jan 2010, 4:38 pm

I did so initially for several reasons. First one is because I knew the answer, second was that I was annoyed at how often everyone got them wrong, and third was to try to move the class along because it was so boring. But enough resentment piled up against me that I stopped answering at all. So if you can, maybe try to mix it up a bit, I don't know *shrug*.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 4:59 pm

Descartes30 wrote:
I did so initially for several reasons. First one is because I knew the answer, second was that I was annoyed at how often everyone got them wrong, and third was to try to move the class along because it was so boring. But enough resentment piled up against me that I stopped answering at all. So if you can, maybe try to mix it up a bit, I don't know *shrug*.

Whew! I have never before heard that described so well!

Try presenting just a knowing smile to the teacher part of the time, KingTut3. He or she likely already knows you know the answers and is simply trying to involve and engage others in the class. So, an attentive smile might quietly affirm your knowledge and help keep you from feeling ignored.

Last edited by leejosepho on 12 Jan 2010, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

12 Jan 2010, 5:04 pm

Descartes30 wrote:
I did so initially for several reasons. First one is because I knew the answer, second was that I was annoyed at how often everyone got them wrong, and third was to try to move the class along because it was so boring. But enough resentment piled up against me that I stopped answering at all.

Well said, me too.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde