People saying they want to be your friend

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

13 Jan 2010, 4:12 pm

and then they don't talk to you. Does this piss anyone off?

Someone sends me a PM and says she want to be my friend. We chat on YIM and had a good conversation all day long and then she had to get off because her husband wanted her to. Since then we have no spoken. I IM her and she doesn't really respond. It makes me sad and feel down. I hate it when people do this to me. If they are so busy, they wouldn't be online and to have this happen everytime tells me they must not be interested in me. I am thinking I am done IMing her and if she ever wants to talk, she can IM me first. I am thinking I maybe did something wrong even though she said she has been busy but I have troubles buying it. But she said she enjoyed chatting with me. :cry:

This wasn't an aspie, this was an "NT" that did it. Just saying so you guys won't assume it's an aspie.

It makes me mad when people do this. I can't think of other times when this has happened. I just try and let it go and move on. Same as when my own friends start ignoring me. After ignoring my IMs a few times I decide I must have did something wrong and if they aren't mad at me, they will IM me to talk but they never do so I assume I did something wrong. I would ask in the past what I did wrong but they never say. I don't ever buy the "I've been busy" crap because if they were so busy, they wouldn't be online and they would eventually start IMing me again but they never do. I'm not that literal.

discosizzle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2010, 4:19 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
and then they don't talk to you. Does this piss anyone off?

Someone sends me a PM and says she want to be my friend. We chat on YIM and had a good conversation all day long and then she had to get off because her husband wanted her to. Since then we have no spoken. I IM her and she doesn't really respond. It makes me sad and feel down. I hate it when people do this to me. If they are so busy, they wouldn't be online and to have this happen everytime tells me they must not be interested in me. I am thinking I am done IMing her and if she ever wants to talk, she can IM me first. I am thinking I maybe did something wrong even though she said she has been busy but I have troubles buying it. But she said she enjoyed chatting with me. :cry:

This wasn't an aspie, this was an "NT" that did it. Just saying so you guys won't assume it's an aspie.

It makes me mad when people do this. I can't think of other times when this has happened. I just try and let it go and move on. Same as when my own friends start ignoring me. After ignoring my IMs a few times I decide I must have did something wrong and if they aren't mad at me, they will IM me to talk but they never do so I assume I did something wrong. I would ask in the past what I did wrong but they never say. I don't ever buy the "I've been busy" crap because if they were so busy, they wouldn't be online and they would eventually start IMing me again but they never do. I'm not that literal.
Move on girly, you shouldn't care about people who obviously don't respect you enough to give you a real explanation of why they stopped talking to you. They have the problem, not you.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2010, 8:54 pm

Especially if its an NT, they get annoyed at people who talk to them too much if they are not "interested" in being your friend. Sure, you had conversations with her, but if she doesn't find anything interesting about you, she won't bother to talk. Don't take it personally though. Think about it...she probably has other people to talk to and maybe a busy life so she won't have time to talk to you.

13 Jan 2010, 9:09 pm

Yeah maybe I did bore her out. But she said I was an interesting person and she has learned so much and it's been hard at times as we spoke and we both think different. I didn't talk much about my obsessions and I stopped and we talked about other things. We only spoke once.

This is confusing.