Music you hate, that everyone else seems to like...

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 9:42 pm

With this one, for the same reasons all my friends seem to love it I find myself sawing at my wrist if there's a sharp object in my proximity. For some reason it just grates on me at every level.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8F3UE9qFsg[/youtube]

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 9:59 pm

Shadwell wrote:
aleclair wrote:
Lady Gaga. Even the indie snobs are obsessed with her.

Animal Collective. They're supposed to be an "indie pop" band, but everything I have heard of theirs is drone or electronic. And not interesting drone or electronic, either. Maybe someday I will see the light, but that's not today.

I know David Bowie and you Lady GaGa are no David Bowie.

the only similarities between lady gaga and david bowie is her sexual ambiguity and her overly theatric music videos and schpeels. bowie practically invented the theatrical music video. before that a lot music videos were just a band singing their song.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2010, 12:57 am

LiberalJustice wrote:
Jonas Brothers
Britney Spears (well, OK, I don't hate her, but I don't like most of her songs except for "Oops!... I Did It Again" and "Lucky").
I only like Hit Me Baby One More Time and Oops!...I Did It Again.

black220
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Jan 2010, 2:26 am

I really hate rap, r&b, "hip hop" or whatever they've changed the name to these days. I don't like a lot of music, but rap is by far the worst. Country would be a close second, followed by jazz and blues. I'm not a big fan of popular music at all, though sometimes I hate songs just because of the people who listen them.

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2010, 11:04 am

tinky wrote:
Shadwell wrote:
aleclair wrote:
Lady Gaga. Even the indie snobs are obsessed with her.

Animal Collective. They're supposed to be an "indie pop" band, but everything I have heard of theirs is drone or electronic. And not interesting drone or electronic, either. Maybe someday I will see the light, but that's not today.

I know David Bowie and you Lady GaGa are no David Bowie.

the only similarities between lady gaga and david bowie is her sexual ambiguity and her overly theatric music videos and schpeels. bowie practically invented the theatrical music video. before that a lot music videos were just a band singing their song.

I suppose Little Richard was the very first but David Bowie perfected it.

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2010, 9:43 pm

The Things Things, I HATE THE THING THINGS!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2010, 6:41 pm

I hate any music that has a lot of swearing, racism or sexism in it. So I guess that covers most tunes that are-literally-from this century. :)

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 8:47 pm

Shadwell wrote:
The Things Things, I HATE THE THING THINGS!

They're called the Ting Tings. And yes they're awful. Except for "Great DJ"

As for me, yeah I dislike alot of Top 40 music unless a band I like suddenly winds up with a hit. Like "Uprising" by Muse. I don't understand why a five-minute song about government paranoia would appeal to Top 40 listeners, but whatever.

I also dislike country and rap except for the "alternative" variations of those genres.

Oh, and Owl City because he's basically making inferior knockoffs of songs by the Postal Service.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 9:22 pm

Progressive metal. It's usually good when mixed with other genres, but is terrible on its own. And Meshuggah. Everyone loves Meshuggah, for some reason.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 9:39 pm

99.9% of rap/hip-hop and about the same for country.

Most of today's Top 40 suck...