Music you hate, that everyone else seems to like...

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2010, 2:35 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Rap
Top 40

W O R D !

You kids.... with your L.L. Cool Bean, and your P. Diddly, listening to your hippity hop music, while eating your 50 cent M&Ms... :roll:

PS

STAY OFF MY LAWN!

:P

PPS

Shadwell wrote:
I hate a lot of the music hipsters like, though sometimes we share tastes. The Postal Service sounds like a giant penis in a teddy bear suit to me and I want to punch Zooey Daschenel in the face. Bob Dylan.

:o

I am coming for you. :x

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2010, 8:43 am

Shadwell wrote:
Gaya wrote:
Hmm... so far people seem to be listing music that I KNOW a lot of people hate, except maybe 14-year-olds. I think many feel a hatred for music by Disney pop artists. It's just popular because the media CHOOSES what's popular, and we all get raped by it. Sad but true. Good music passes under the radar, and I truly believe people would like it if they were exposed.

I for one hate the Dave Matthews Band and Hootie and the Blowfish, and a lot of people I went to college with loved these bands. I HATE them. :evil:

I definitely hate Disney music. I kind of feel sorry for Miley Cyrus in the end, I don't think children should be whored out like that.

I agree- I also HATE Billy Ray and the way he exploits his own daughter like that- that's practically incest.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2010, 8:57 am

GoonSquad wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Rap
Top 40

W O R D !

You kids.... with your L.L. Cool Bean, and your P. Diddly, listening to your hippity hop music, while eating your 50 cent M&Ms... :roll:

PS

STAY OFF MY LAWN!

:P

PPS

Shadwell wrote:
I hate a lot of the music hipsters like, though sometimes we share tastes. The Postal Service sounds like a giant penis in a teddy bear suit to me and I want to punch Zooey Daschenel in the face. Bob Dylan.

:o

The 500 Days of Summer was like one long, sh***y commercial for Ikea fortunately in the movies case I wasn't forced to walk through the whole thing.

I am coming for you. :x

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2010, 11:40 pm

Shadwell wrote:
and I know a differen't subject but think that Mel Streep is just an ok actress.

you've seen sophie's choice, yes?

er...a lot.

the two stations i listen to on the radio are npr(news, talk shows, classical music) and an awesome local station that plays jazz, african, and worldly type music.
soooo...i know the big ones like lady gaga, disneyness, ya know the usual. i like coldplay, yeah that's all.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

TonyTheTiger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jan 2010, 4:39 am

I know a lot of people who like Mindless Self Indulgence, but I just think it's shallow, abrasive crap.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 5:33 am

TonyTheTiger wrote:
I know a lot of people who like Mindless Self Indulgence, but I just think it's shallow, abrasive crap.

Insane Clown Posse is even worse, and at least as popular.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 1:05 pm

Daniel Powter, that "had a bad day" song.

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 1:10 pm

tinky wrote:
Shadwell wrote:
and I know a differen't subject but think that Mel Streep is just an ok actress.

you've seen sophie's choice, yes?

er...a lot.

the two stations i listen to on the radio are npr(news, talk shows, classical music) and an awesome local station that plays jazz, african, and worldly type music.
soooo...i know the big ones like lady gaga, disneyness, ya know the usual. i like coldplay, yeah that's all.

I will watch Sophie's Choice and reevaluate my position, but even she pulls off a good acting job in one movie based on the body of her work she's just ok. Penelope Cruz and Julianne Moore are way better in my opinion.

Meryl Streep

She insists upon herself........

Last edited by Shadwell on 15 Jan 2010, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 1:15 pm

jocundthelilac wrote:
Shadwell wrote:
Gaya wrote:
Hmm... so far people seem to be listing music that I KNOW a lot of people hate, except maybe 14-year-olds. I think many feel a hatred for music by Disney pop artists. It's just popular because the media CHOOSES what's popular, and we all get raped by it. Sad but true. Good music passes under the radar, and I truly believe people would like it if they were exposed.

I for one hate the Dave Matthews Band and Hootie and the Blowfish, and a lot of people I went to college with loved these bands. I HATE them. :evil:

I definitely hate Disney music. I kind of feel sorry for Miley Cyrus in the end, I don't think children should be whored out like that.

I agree- I also HATE Billy Ray and the way he exploits his own daughter like that- that's practically incest.

I saw her on the cover of one magazine and she just looked tired. I wonder if she's going to have some Brittney Spears type issues.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 3:32 pm

marshall wrote:
Daniel Powter, that "had a bad day" song.

*twitch twitch* every morning on way to school they played that stupid song on the radio. it--it-it oh my gosh i can't even speak of it right now. that's why i got an ipod because my cd player is too clunky and capable of being injured. i would just zone out listening to my ipod the whole way to school.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 6:33 pm

ARCTIC MONKEYS

It's useless for me to even get into top 40 stuff because genre-wise all of that's so far removed from anything I would ever gravitate towards.

However I like bands in the same general (and often fairly specific) style as the Arctic Monkeys, and I often like bands that fans of theirs also like. I don't know what people are thinking. Arctic Monkeys are f**king horrendous.

Brownie49
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jan 2010, 10:04 pm

Slim Dusty - australian country singer - my husband used to love to play his music and it just drives me to tears.

That type of country music sounds to me like the singer has their private bits caught in a zipper or someone has them by the throat trying to strangle them. Its worse than hearing fingernails dragged on a blackboard.

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2010, 10:29 pm

Lady Gaga. Even the indie snobs are obsessed with her.

Animal Collective. They're supposed to be an "indie pop" band, but everything I have heard of theirs is drone or electronic. And not interesting drone or electronic, either. Maybe someday I will see the light, but that's not today.

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 6:18 am

Shadwell wrote:
jocundthelilac wrote:
Shadwell wrote:
Gaya wrote:

I saw her on the cover of one magazine and she just looked tired. I wonder if she's going to have some Brittney Spears type issues.

I can imagine...

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

RhettOracle
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jan 2010, 8:52 am

Everything that's been popular since 1988.

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 11:50 am

aleclair wrote:
Lady Gaga. Even the indie snobs are obsessed with her.

Animal Collective. They're supposed to be an "indie pop" band, but everything I have heard of theirs is drone or electronic. And not interesting drone or electronic, either. Maybe someday I will see the light, but that's not today.

I know David Bowie and you Lady GaGa are no David Bowie.