Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 9:54 am

Tried out that FitDay site.

for baseline I burn like 3300 calories.

My normal daily exercises would set that up to around 4300. Days I weight-lift would increase that to 4362

as for caloric intake, that would be around 1600-2200.

so yeah...

as ive noticed, my body kinda balances itself, and no wonder I always have the urge to eat constantly.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 12:15 am

FuzzyElephants wrote:
Oh, one more thing- try getting an account on www.fitday.com It's free and it's a great resource. Pretty much you put in your height, weight, lifestyle and what not and it tells you how many calories you burn just being you. Then you can log what you eat (they have a huge library of what the average nutritional value is for alot of foods) and log your exersize. It keeps track of all sorts of weight loss related stuff and even has features where you can see what your calorie intake to burn ratio is. Either way, if you burn more calories off in a day than you eat you will lose weight regardless of whatever voodoo is going on genetically.

Oh and weight loss can be figured out mathmatically. 3500 calories roughly equals 1 pound. So if you burn 3500 caloried more than what you eat you should lose 1 pound.

For instance- right now at my weight, height and activity level I burn 2775 calories every day just by being me (that's not including exercise). Since i'm trying to lose weight I eat less than 1775 calories every day. Therefore by default I burn off 1000 calories every day. So every 3 1/2 days I lose a pound. It's as easy as that- like I said it's all math.

I just created an account. Apparently I burn 1843 calories per day. That sounds about right, because if I limit my calories to 1300, I lose a pound per week. It's really hard to keep it that low for more than a week or two. So I'll lose a pound and then get fed up with being hungry and headachy all day. I envy you guys who actually get some calories to work with.

tokeee_smokeee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Feb 2010, 1:19 pm

swim and eat more vegetables, less oil and sugar

nintendogurl1990
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2010, 11:00 pm

[quote="Greshym_Shorkan"]I try and I exercise and diet and exercise and diet and diet, and exercise, and I'm not fat exactly but I've never achieved a thin body. I know I have a genetic component or some imbalance, but the ******* doctors can't find anything wrong. I just living this puritanical life, and I've never met anyone with the same problem. Everyone else can just live their lives, but I have to spend my life worrying about my waistline.

Try not to focus on being skinny. Focus on being a healthy body weight for your height and age. Obsessions with being thin can lead to an eating disorder.

ImNotOk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Feb 2010, 12:51 am

Have you tried seperating your food groups? A lot of times the body has a hard time recognizing and properly processing multiple food groups simultaneously. Seperating protien from carbs from fruits and vegitables can do wonders on your body weight in only a few short weeks. Also when you exercise do cardio last, if you do it first you are basically being counter productive.

Illite
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Feb 2010, 1:23 pm

Greshym_Shorkan wrote:
I try and I exercise and diet and exercise and diet and diet, and exercise, and I'm not fat exactly but I've never achieved a thin body. I know I have a genetic component or some imbalance, but the ******* doctors can't find anything wrong. I just living this puritanical life, and I've never met anyone with the same problem. Everyone else can just live their lives, but I have to spend my life worrying about my waistline.

Oh well. Go ahead, say it's me, some I'm doing wrong. EVERYONE ELSE DOES.

Well.... wish I could trade. Myself, I cant actually gain weight. 5,9 and I sit anywhere from 115-120 lbs usually :(