Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

alana
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2010, 3:47 pm

curious how many people here smoke. I am trying to quit. right now I am going to buy some more though...

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2010, 3:50 pm

I've been smoking since I was 14, that's...damn, that's 9 years now.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Jan 2010, 6:58 pm

I was a heavy two pack a day smoker for almost thirty years then I gave them up eight and a half years ago.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2010, 7:00 pm

Smokers are evil and deserve a horrible death...

...so say the righteous.

Or something.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2010, 7:02 pm

I used to smoke about 3 packs a day 8O . I've gradually cut down to less than a pack. I quit once cold turkey for 5 years but had the urge for one once when I was drinking. :x

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2010, 7:02 pm

Nope, I'm definitely not a smoker but tend not to think about it... once you start smoking, its going to be a huge struggle for some people to eventually quit smoking...

RhettOracle
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jan 2010, 9:33 pm

I keep getting blocked from posting this, because I have been mentioning a drug by its trade name. The server thinks it's spam. So I'll have to get around it by stealth.

I have been smoking since 1972, except for one brief period when I quit cold turkey. The withdrawal symptoms were the most sick I have ever been. I regret the day that I took that next drag and got hooked all over again, because I am terrified of getting that sick again.

However, with my recent evaluation where it was confirmed that I have Asperger's, it was shown that I also have chronic, ongoing depression. One of the medical treatments for depression has three syllables, Well, and bu, and trin. That drug is also marketed as a smoking cessation tool under the name of Zy and ban. So I'm hoping that I can get a prescription for it, and fix two problems at the same time.

If anyone reading this thread has quit smoking using that type of medicine, would you please say how it was for you? Thanks.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2010, 9:35 pm

Tequila wrote:
Smokers are evil and deserve a horrible death...

What about Moses and the bush?!

I started at age 27, then quit for a while after a heart attack at 49 ...

brb

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2010, 9:44 pm

RhettOracle wrote:
I keep getting blocked from posting this, because I have been mentioning a drug by its trade name. The server thinks it's spam. So I'll have to get around it by stealth.

I have been smoking since 1972, except for one brief period when I quit cold turkey. The withdrawal symptoms were the most sick I have ever been. I regret the day that I took that next drag and got hooked all over again, because I am terrified of getting that sick again.

However, with my recent evaluation where it was confirmed that I have Asperger's, it was shown that I also have chronic, ongoing depression. One of the medical treatments for depression has three syllables, Well, and bu, and trin. That drug is also marketed as a smoking cessation tool under the name of Zy and ban. So I'm hoping that I can get a prescription for it, and fix two problems at the same time.

If anyone reading this thread has quit smoking using that type of medicine, would you please say how it was for you? Thanks.

Some people do well on that particular drug and some people feel angry and agitated all the time. I was on it briefly and I felt like I wanted to just go up and slap people. It made me nuts. I was walking in circles and tearing my hair and I suddenly realized this was the feeling I used to drink to get rid of. My sister on the other hand does great.

TheHaywire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 1:28 am

I quit for a while. Then started again. I love smoking.

alana
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 3:27 pm

smoking is like my 'okay' addiction that I can do and I am on it again. I need to quit again, though. I've been at it since July. Misery loves company, I guess that's why I started this. It's weird because this time I can really feel my 'addiction' process...before the withdrawal felt physical but this time I have picked them up over and over again for emotional reasons.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 3:31 pm

I know someone who uses those "electronic cigarettes". You get the nicotine but not the tar or carbon monoxide. It blows out smoke and everything and the tip lights up but the smoke is just steam.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 3:46 pm

<--- have smoked since age 12-13

Twi
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jan 2010, 4:30 am

I useed to smoke, was trying to quit before I got pregnant, morning sickness helped me do that though.

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2010, 10:29 am

Since new years Ive only smoked twice, i was previously in a 20 a day habit :D

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2010, 10:42 am

As addictive as I am, I've never smoked.

Most of my family however does, so I don't know, I just always thought that was odd for me even when I tried to many a times.

Last edited by MissConstrue on 25 Jan 2010, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.