Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2010, 12:19 pm

I've never touched a cigarette, and I never will. I find them disgusting.

I prefer cigars. I smoke them occasionally.

On the other hand, my favorite color is green.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2010, 12:38 pm

I smoked one actual cigarett in my entire life. I couldn't taste anything, but it felt nice. Smoked printing paper with random stuffing at least 5 times in my life. Now that flavore if horrible. If I get a nasty day on an extreme level, I will smoke one or the other, and sit in the corner feeling angry for a bit.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2010, 1:40 pm

I've never smoked in my life. I don't like the smell.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2010, 5:33 am

I smoke as a cancer preventitive http://snardfarker.ning.com/profiles/bl ... okers-lung

Well, when you consider that in every single thing the Government tells you, the complete opposite is true, (ie Iraq weapons of mass destruction, global warming, Islam did 911 etc etc), there could well be something in it.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2010, 11:59 am

I smoke. I'll quit eventually.

Christophe
Toucan
Toucan

10 Feb 2010, 12:38 pm

i have been smoking off and on for about nine or ten years. I am one of those people that if I have them then I will smoke them, but if I don't then it's no big deal. I am more of a cigar and cigarillo person than cigarette person. I don't have any right now though, so it is no biggie. Besides, they are mainly a stress thing for me (large amounts f people in the army smoke). If I don't have them I don't smoke them. No biggie.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2010, 1:28 pm

I'm a non smoker. I do like drinking alcohol, sometimes more than is good for me but smoking never 'did it' for me.

Unorthodox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2010, 12:09 am

Both my parents were regular cigarette smokers, my dad being a 3 pack a day man for the better part of 50 years, didn't seem to do him much harm other than the expense, and where I live that's mostly tax... I'm a pretty regular cigar smoker myself, depending on what I'm up to I smoke 5-10 cigars a week, which isn't as expensive as it may sound since I buy most of my sticks from cigar auction sites for well under retail. From what I understand, the health risks from cigars are nearly negligible unless you're regularly smoking two or more cigars a day, and even at what I pay my budget would give out long before my body would. I also occasionally smoke pipe and hookahs, for which I blend my own tobacco, though because both require more equipment I'm far more likely to simply light a cigar than drag out all the gear, though the hookah is always a hit during parties. Frankly, I probably have as much fun hunting down deals on cigars and tinkering with shisha flavorings as I do actually smoking them, but that part is fun too. :)

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2010, 12:22 am

I am a smoker. I started when I was... what... thirteen? Almost twenty years now I have smoked. I quit when I was pregnant only to start again. I tried quitting one other time and was a raging (insert term for female dog here) and started again and regained some kind of sanity. I did not ever want to stop though, I did it for reasons I felt necessary though, so I would quit sometimes... but I always missed it and went back to it. I really do enjoy it.

Tracedumas
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Feb 2010, 2:21 am

I have been smoking for 22 1/2 years, want to quit, it is the most horrid addiction, if you dont smoke, never try it, it isnt cool, as I thought when I started, and all it is is an expensive way to kill yourself over a long time.

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2010, 8:27 am

Confused-Fish wrote:
Since new years Ive only smoked twice, i was previously in a 20 a day habit :D

ugh, ive now officially failed my attempt to quit smoking :evil:

but then again on the other hand, yay cigarettes! :D

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2010, 8:38 am

I am by nature a chain smoker. It can reach stimming levels. Here is how I've been able to cut down substantially. I bought one of those little snuffers. I have one for the ashtray and one that's shaped like a hollow pen. Basically what I do when I have the urge is to light up and take about 3 puffs. That satisfies the addictive urge and then I put the cigarette in the snuffer and leave it. I cant afford to throw a way virtually whole cigarettes. One might argue that I simply light up more often but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have cut my smoking by 2/3. The only time I have a whole cigarette is when I'm talking to someone, which is rarely.