Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 1:00 am

I only tend to have tab explosions on TVtropes, and Wikipedia, but even then I am able to keep it contained to about 10-20. Must be due to my gift of ADHD in combination of being an Aspie.

RhettOracle
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jan 2010, 1:10 am

At the moment, I have 45 tabs open.

Sorry.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 1:32 am

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
I feel like I have too many tabs open when my browser grinds to a crawl under the huge memory load -- usually about 100. :lol:

I'll be reading something, and there will be some interesting looking links in it, so I'll open them in a new tabs to read later, so I won't have to interrupt what I'm reading at the time. And then those tabs will have interesting links, and on and on with the geometric progression. Then, when the browser takes 20 seconds to switch tabs, I close them all down and start over.

I was totally agreeing with you until the last sentence. No way could I just blindly close them all. When it gets to a massive amount I need to quickly go through them and decide what I actually want to read and close all the ones that matter less. Then when I've narrowed it down I start over from there. Leaving my computer at any given time can take a while. Unless I just decide to give up and close the session to be resumed later.

Fuzzy wrote:
Dont look over my shoulder then. I'll sometimes have 20 open. If i am reading something good I will middle click the links to cache them to read. As well, I'll have a few programs open, and I am sometimes reading a book too.

You just taught me a very evil but amazing trick. I don't know why I never thought to figure out what middle click would do but now that I know it can open tabs (in the background even, I just tried it), I've entered dangerous territory. Now that I can open tabs with one click instead of two or one and a mouse gesture, it'll save precious seconds that I can use to open even more tabs.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 1:43 am

SamwiseGamgee wrote:
You just taught me a very evil but amazing trick. I don't know why I never thought to figure out what middle click would do but now that I know it can open tabs (in the background even, I just tried it), I've entered dangerous territory. Now that I can open tabs with one click instead of two or one and a mouse gesture, it'll save precious seconds that I can use to open even more tabs.

Haha. I enjoyed hearing this.

Thats two good tricks I taught at WP today. I'm hoping for a third.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 3:02 am

Lol, I'm the opposite. I always try to close as many tabs as possible. I think I've started doing this because when there are too many tabs open, the computer begins running more slowly.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 4:10 am

Until I created different sessions I had over 150 tabs open all dealing with p***.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2010, 4:22 am

I try to have no more than 5 tabs open.