Boy with Cystic Fibrosis killed for being different?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2006, 4:11 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4775276.stm
I'm deeply offended by this case! Does anyone else here, after reading the articles here, believe that Joe Geeling was killed by a bully because of his disabilty?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2006, 5:25 am

That doesn't offend me, it literally makes me sick. It's exactly something a person would do.

If my primary school basher had a knife he probably would have done it to me. People are disgusting. I don't care what people say about not hating others, but there is no other emotion I can use to describe how I feel about bullies.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2006, 5:32 am

This case has been in the British media quite a bit. It's utterly sick, quite frankly.

And I was only in Bury yesterday too... excellent market there.

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2006, 7:51 am

I'm in bury every day of the week (asside from weekends) as I go college there.

And I agree with Hale. Bullies make me sick. They are pathetic in that they can't handle being themselves, so they take it out on others.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2006, 10:54 am

I think it's impossible to know whether he was killed for having CF,unless this other kid has said it was the reason,but being different in the UK is generally frowned upon and some will use any differences as an excuse to fight someone.

It's unbelieveable that Joe has got to 11 living a normal life as possible with a life threatening disability yet prematurely he has had his life taken away by another child.
It's good that the Police managed to catch the 14 year old murderer so quick,the day they found the body I think.

About the bullies connection,I think they have said there wasn't any bullying as the police questioned students and his friends in the school,this might have been a one time thing.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2006, 11:11 am

KingdomOfRats wrote:
I think it's impossible to know whether he was killed for having CF,unless this other kid has said it was the reason,but being different in the UK is generally frowned upon and some will use any differences as an excuse to fight someone.

It's unbelieveable that Joe has got to 11 living a normal life as possible with a life threatening disability yet prematurely he has had his life taken away by another child.
It's good that the Police managed to catch the 14 year old murderer so quick,the day they found the body I think.

About the bullies connection,I think they have said there wasn't any bullying as the police questioned students and his friends in the school,this might have been a one time thing.

But even if this was just an one-time thing and Joe Geeling was actually killed by a bully, it's terrible!

theman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: Oklahoma...... where the men are men and the sheep run scared.

05 Mar 2006, 11:56 am

KingdomOfRats wrote:
... being different in the UK is generally frowned upon...

I've always had the impression of Brits being quite eccentric, seems this would be one of the better places to be different, am I wrong?

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2006, 3:24 pm

You cant really say for sure whether Joe was bullied and killed for having CF or not, but the fact that he was actually murdered by a bully is sickening in itself. I come from Manchester originally and find this unbelievable. I didn't think that kids could be so wicked.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 2:43 pm

I am puzzled by the comments of the original poster. Nowhere in the article does it say the accused teen did this because the younger boy had Cystic Fibrosis. If he did do it, he needs to receive the appropriate punishment, and treatment for any possible mental illness he might have. However, it's possible he didn't do this crime. He was in police custody for 2 days being questioned, and no doubt pressured about this case. If he did it, punish him, but if he only confessed to put an end to the police interrogation, then that needs to come out, too.

I'm not taking either side against the accused teen. I just want a proper investigation and appropriate punishment for the person who did this.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 5:02 am

This is a necrobumped thread from 2006. Micheal Hamer a 14-year-old at the time pleaded guilty and was sentenced to life imprisonment. I have not seen any article saying Hamer has been released so I assume Hamer is still in prison.

The motive was rejection of sexual advances.

https://murderpedia.org/male.H/h/hamer-michael.htm

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 6:19 am

I remember the time the Police in Victoria BC managed to find the driver who had killed a cyclist. He had left a licence plate at the accident site, lived nearby, and still had the corpse in the back of their pickup truck where it had landed. Without such luck, all kinds of eccentrics die with inadequate investigation. Unless someone is popular, any attempt to make a murder look like a suicide is usually quite sufficient.