What do you guys talk about in real life?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

31 Jan 2010, 3:30 am

Animals, cricket...my social disasters (the latter to my counselor).

Those are the main things. Cricket conversations are common between my stepdad & I and my mum & I quite often talk about the pets. When with other people though I just let them start the conversation about whatever they want and then I try to think of what to say next.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2010, 2:34 pm

Well I talk about pretty much anything that comes into my head... literally. I could be talking about something I saw on the news, something about myself, about rabbits/fish, about politics (never with someone who speaks much English though! :D), about how much I hate something... Often I get distracted though and talk about the next thing before I am done on the first... Or I see a squirrel and decide to give some random squirrel facts... Nevertheless I am glad to see that so many other people with AS talk about many things (I am 'too social' apparently!)

silvskaterdude
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jan 2010, 6:39 pm

bmx biking ,skateboarding, weekend plains, facebook, talk about other people we know, video games,anime, music,food and clothe compannies / what clothes are a rip off.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2010, 7:14 pm

Whatever most people want to talk about, I guess. I talk about typical stuff, to the people off the Internet and I talk about my special interests, here on WP.

Salonfilosoof
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 7:37 am

My usual topics when I'm having in depth conversations :
- History
- Politics
- Philosophy
- Psychology
- Sociology
- Religion
- Film
- Music

My usual topics when I'm having in casual conversations :
- Film
- Music
- Internet culture
- Local events
- Personal annecdotes
- Work
- Friends

blackjack89
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Feb 2010, 10:44 pm

politics
philosophy
psychology
astronomy
various sciences
technology
conspiracy theories

^ pretty much the only things i can actually talk about.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 1:18 pm

I talk about the same things I talk about on WP. Yes, even the things in the Adult forum.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

feaghal
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Feb 2010, 1:56 pm

it all depends on the person, if some is obsessed with Pokemon, that's what they talk about. and continue with what ever...

aziraphale
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Feb 2010, 1:30 pm

Well, it depends on who I am talking to. Depending on the friend I might talk about literature, politics, philosophy, music, life, jokes, current events, and more. Really the only thing I really don't like talking about is sports.

DavidM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Feb 2010, 7:40 am

Absolutely nothing. I rarely speak for longer than 30 seconds and I can go for weeks without speaking to anybody at all.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2010, 1:50 pm

I chat about all the wrong interests:

-Current events
-Politics
-History
-Computers
-Commercial aviation
-Philosophical thought
-Travel
-Music (not limited to trashing the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus)
-Literature (not limited to trashing the Twilight series)

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Feb 2010, 5:09 pm

-Current events
-Politics
-History
-Science
-Religion
-Videogames

Of course it depends on the person I'm talking to.

Tanz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Feb 2010, 1:01 am

I have a tough time with conversations; usually it's me talking for a bit, or me listening to other people talk and trying to think of something relevant to say without taking over the conversation. If I ask someone a question to start a "casual" conversation, usually it's because i want them to answer and then return the question to me, so i can tell them about something I wanted to anyway, while making it look like they started the topic. Sometimes that backfires, because the person will go on about it for a bit, then go off on a tangent, then another, and never get around to asking me what I wanted to talk about.

Also, i have a hard time finding people to have conversations with me. There are very few people I know who have any of the same interests I do, so NO ONE wants to hear what I have to say most times. I know this because when i start to talk to someone, if they listen for any amount of time, their eyes begin to glaze over and i know they really aren't in to it, and are only being polite.

But most times it's about newsd items (usually science) or the last book i read, or some bit of trivia connecting two (seemingly) disparate ideas or some story idea I'm working on. Or my goals in life. That's if I'm the one leading the conversation. Other times it's me filling whoever in on my road back to success after getting laid off last spring.

"Lunch...is on Millie" - Ace Rimmer

Francis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 11:35 pm

I don't usually have casual conversations during the day. It seems like other people only want to have superficial conversations.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 10:14 am

REAL talk is limited to a very small ingroup of 5-9 people of like brain.

As has been said, say a word to me and if you have not left an escape rouite I will generate you a lecture.

Mainly:

Who we are and why and what can help: including genealogy and homeopathy and God and the Enneagram and, recently, AS

The PROJECT: our grand and grandiose deo volente scheme to interest and reward us and revolutionize science and save our people.

Our families and friends: who is cool, who is a beast, what to do about Gonzo, health crises, how to detach, is their any point trying to talk.

Art

Literature

Science

Languages

The correct way to build a pasty or a grilled c heese sandwich

AND whatever arises.