Have you ever been accused of being a paedophile?

Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 5:00 pm

I'm surprised I haven't been accused of being pedophobic. People with pedophobia *may* harm children due to their fear and/or hatred of crotch goblins, but no one seems to worry about that.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Oct 2022, 11:33 pm

rse92 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Another reason some people thought I was pedo is because I had a crush obsession with a celeb who was under 18. People were getting hung-up on her age instead of looking into why I liked her. I had been very depressed about being single after my 1st relationship ended till I managed to get into my 2nd relationship 8 years later. I think the crush started partly as a coping mechanism. There are NOT many celebs I can respect & Miranda was very mature, responsible, wholesome, & independent for her age. I knew logically that she was under 18 but my brain did not really think about that. I did not see a kid, I saw a goddess I could look up to. There can be a big difference between being a pedophile & being a severely lovesick dope who's slightly delusional.

Why would you tell people that you, a grown man, have a crush obsession on an under age girl for any reason?

Do you think being a severely lovesick, delusional dope is a proper excuse for having a crush obsession on an under age girl?

Best you keep these things to yourself.
The women I love are my special intrerests & it's hard for me to not to talk about em online. I'm alot more open & personal about things online than I ever been with anyone offline except for with my current girlfriend. I don't think interests or obsessions are bad nor good. What should count is how you act on them. I never tried to contact her or meet her or anything so NO harm done. Besides a bit of people online were making sexual comments about her or faking pix of her which made me feel sick to my stomach so lumping me in the pedo category is not right.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2022, 11:47 pm

I was one time when I was 18 because I was posting on a teen forum. I was 18, teen at the end. Idiots. :roll:

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 11:56 pm

Keeno wrote:
As we all know men, in particular, are at risk of being accused of this if they are chronically single, and seen to be never in long-lasting and stable relationships with partners, especially the older they get past average marrying age. If you have ever been accused of being a paedophile, what have been your coping strategies/mechanisms afterwards?

My sister has called me that because I want my wife to be in the 18 to 21 year old range.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Jan 2023, 3:50 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Keeno wrote:
As we all know men, in particular, are at risk of being accused of this if they are chronically single, and seen to be never in long-lasting and stable relationships with partners, especially the older they get past average marrying age. If you have ever been accused of being a paedophile, what have been your coping strategies/mechanisms afterwards?

My sister has called me that because I want my wife to be in the 18 to 21 year old range.
If you were wanting an older woman she might accuse you of wanting to be a boytoy for a woman who would support you finachially. & if you were only wanting woman your age, some would accuse you of being too picky. Sometimes your d@mned if you do & d@mned if you don't so you might as well do what works for you.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Campingbare
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Oct 2023, 6:34 pm

Accused, no.

Asked outright, yes. By a military physician. He seemed satisfied with my matter-of-fact no.

Of course I have no idea how many people may have thought it and not said to me. I was literally a 40 year old virgin when I got married.

Meyer-Briggs: INTP Comorbidities: Narcolepsy, NPD, Alexithemia, Dyspraxia, Prosopagnosia, Anomia, IBS
........................If God meant for us to go around naked, we'd have been born that way........................

BitterGeek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2024, 10:20 pm

Yes by Elon Musk. But that's an daily thing on his personal social media platform. I deleted my Twitter account.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2024, 12:49 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Keeno wrote:

I can't imagine why she'd say that someone who has no interest in women his own age, just ones barely entering adulthood.

It's not literally pedophilic, but it's creepy.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う