Has someone crazy/weird implied that you are crazy/weird?

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 10:39 pm

I appear to most as "mentally challenged" but
Fellow Wierds have recognised me as one of them
often, tho.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

ageiger4
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Oct 2015, 12:16 am

Yes, however ive been graced with being called a genius on occasion too. something about an associative memory thats really good. still i enjoy being crazy much much more. but crazy, interesting, freak, genius, creative, slow, ive been called many things.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2015, 11:06 am

My mom is crazy. I don't know "what" she is. She was diagnosed as being bipolar, and I think she probably has bipolar I, but describing her that way feels misleading to me. I would describe her as seeming like something between a sociopath and a schizophrenic. She lies, but really does believe imaginative things that didn't happen. She doesn't have a normal capacity to love and doesn't seem to have empathy, but is spontaneously kind, and spontaneously self aware that she isn't normal.

All that being said, she has told me on numerous occasions that my research is malicious, that moving out on my own as an adult was selfish and going to college was conceited. She thinks that I'm crazy and that my "ways" are infectious. She frequently sees normal things as crazy.

She's also brilliant. If she were able to function she could have been anything. I let one of my professors read a paper she wrote once. He said it expressed "cold ideas" but showed a very advanced level of thought and he wished she was one of his students.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Oct 2015, 11:10 am

basically my family

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2015, 11:13 am

i consider myself crazy and weird and that was before I was even diagnosed. I still think I am weird, but that's more based on my personality and how I go about things :o

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2015, 1:34 pm

I was once called "dumber than the train" by a person not crazy per se, but whom I suspect to have a single digit IQ.

In 11th grade, a classmate asked me what I was doing (I was plainly reading a book before class). Upon explaining how a book functions to him, his immediate response was "what are you gay?". I may be weird, but if there's a connection between homosexuality and literacy, I have yet to find it.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 5:24 pm

My buddy, who is schzotypal, bipolar, takes a fistfuls of head meds, has been institutionalized, is dyslexic,and expresses amazement that I can do things like "read maps",constantly berates me for "acting wierd", and "acting ret*d".

Whatever.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 5:36 pm

We all wanna have someone toward whom we can make a downward social comparison.

Nicola2206
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Oct 2015, 6:20 pm

Yes, by a friend who later confessed to me that he heard voices in his head.
With all due respect, I have mental illnesses too, but he shouldn't have called me crazy when he had and has his own serious issues he should deal with....

AQ Score: 40

SQ: 52
EQ: 5

Empathizing - systemizing mixed test version results

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 6:34 pm

One time my neighbor with BPD told my father he was crazy because he has schizophrenia even though he takes his meds and she doesn't.

RubyTates
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Oct 2015, 6:34 pm

Yes, I once had a true psychopath tell me I was "not normal."

GodzillaWoman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 10:14 pm

No, usually crazy, weird people greet me like they have found a long lost sister. A lady followed me around in a science fiction convention and claimed she was a werewolf. I couldn't decide if she was messing with me, role-playing, or seriously believed it.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2015, 4:31 am

In my youth, it's how children and teenagers told me.

In some occasions at this present, it still does regardless how old (or supposedly how mature) they are. Especially my relatives.
But a lot of strangers ended up with their heads down with shame when I (intentionally said within their earshot) told to others (usually children) that people who are calling someone crazy for no valid reason means being close minded. :twisted:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

NowhereWoman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Oct 2015, 7:57 pm

I've had a couple of situations that may fall under this category, but only with someone who seemed SERIOUSLY unhinged, i.e. (both times) the person was yelling and screaming. Actually, this happened to me with a doctor once! His receptionist called me back to quietly apologize. I think he may have had dementia or something else (I mean I'm no diagnostician, just guessing) and that the office had experienced this screamed-at-and-accused-by-a-doctor (at the end he was shrieking himself hoarse accusing me of attempting to refill the Ritalin prescription that he himself had been prescribing for my stepson for a year because I "just wanted to take the drugs [myself]" and I "just wanted to get high") before, with other patients/parents of patients. So it was pretty clear I wasn't the crazy one. Well, that time at least. :lol: (Kidding...sort of...)

But it isn't like this is a regular thing or anything. I think I would just feel sorry for the person. I certainly felt sorry for that doctor. He was off the hook, I thought he was going to have a heart attack. And who knows what on earth he was going through or what issue or illness he may have had. I think I was just glad and grateful not to be in his shoes.

People go through all kinds of stuff and people do get ill, I really try not to judge; I don't want people to judge me so I feel that's only fair. But if I felt in immediate danger in the situation I would most likely back off quietly and just let the person feel s/he had had his/her say, whatever it was. In the case of the doctor, I just quietly hung up the phone. I have no clue what he was going through. I did ultimately get the refill my stepson needed and we switched doctors so there was no real permanent harm done.