Does anyone only listen to one band/musician?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

leschevalsroses
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2010, 10:29 pm

I find myself only listening to one band: Rasputina. I'll play their songs over and over again and never get sick of them, and cannot get into any other music. Sometimes I listen to one of their songs over and over again for hours at a time. I do enjoy classical music and some other musicians, but I rarely choose to listen to their music. I listen to classical music when I'm in a loud place and am feeing overstimulated, but that's about it. Rasputina isn't really my special interest because I don't really know a lot about the band itself, I just am a bit obsessed with their music.

Just curious if anyone else is very selective about who they listen to.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 10:53 pm

Yes, I only listen to one musician.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

27 Jan 2010, 11:31 pm

I quite often get obsessed with one band for several weeks or months with the music I listen to being 90% from the same band. Then I get obsessed with another band and the previous one gets dropped almost completely.

Kaysea
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 12:42 am

I generally only have 1-2 bands/albums that I am listening to at any given time.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 3:07 am

The only music I listen to is Green Day.

musicboxforever
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 4:51 am

Not me personally, but my Mum listens to Mark Knopfler over and over and over. I used to like him, but I'm sick of him now.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 5:24 am

Whether or not I'm on TouTube, I listen to The Kinks 70% of the time. I say, let me have my freedom.

Last edited by CockneyRebel on 28 Jan 2010, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 7:31 am

I tend to get obsessed with one song for a while and will play it at every oppurtunity. I prefer songs to bands now.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

randomaspie123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jan 2010, 8:49 am

used to only listen to a band called X Japan.

but nah, now i listen to too many bands to count (somewhere in the 30's, with Led Zeppelin as #1)

Hermier
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2010, 1:13 pm

Yes, I pretty much listen to the same band all the time, especially when I'm alone.

I go through phases. Sometimes I like a bit more variety - sometimes nothing else will do.

alana
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 3:59 pm

I go from one musical obsession to the next, I was completely obsessed with Marlene Kuntz for a while. I think my music knowledge would be alot wider if I didn't get 'stuck' on one band so much.

chaotik_lord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 8:19 pm

Yes. People look at me and label me odd and have this strange idea that I'm into their indie rock scene simply because I have a detailed knowledge of one thing that they have listened to. However, it's only coincidence. I like my music to be familiar and predictable to me (even if its something that I'm hearing for the first time) and I know in an instant if something I'm hearing will be the next obsession.

I listen to one album (or artist, or playlist made from things I already had) for at least 6 months to a year almost without variation. Right now, I can't stop listening to the rock opera Chess, but I may be about to switch back to the Beatles (where I was with my listening almost a decade ago).