Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

timetopretend
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Feb 2010, 11:47 am

Magnus wrote:
I am going to boycott Israeli products and companies supporting the zionist entity. Will you join me?

Quote:
Below are products and brands of corporations and businesses that are helping Ariel Sharon and Zionist Israel to continue their racist apartheid policies and illegal occupation of Palestinian lands. We are asking you to boycott these products. The products and brands have been well researched. Each of the companies have ties to Israel and support their policies against the Palestinian people. As an example, Estée Lauder's chairman, Ronald Lauder, served as the Chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations and is the current President of the Jewish National Fund (JNF) - a quasi-governmental agency whose main function is to legitimize Israeli occupation of Palestinian land. Ronald Lauder is a hardcore Zionist and his views are often more extreme then those of the Israeli government.

http://home.pacbell.net/halnet/Boycott% ... mpaign.htm

every time an american decides to boycott israel, an old man in a cave somewhere in north waziristan chuckles to himself. israel is not an apartied. as i write this there are palestinians in the israeli government, millions of palestinians eligable to vote and a palestinian on the supreme court of israel. in fact descriminating against palestinians is a criminal offence in israel. in gaza, under the law of hamas- who the palestinians voted for as their government- jews have NO rights. in fact, gaza is now judenrein. article 7 of the hamas charter calls for the extermination of the jews. you need to have another look at the evidence and see what side is REALLY the rascist one.

timetopretend
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Feb 2010, 11:51 am

shukri wrote:
No, I won't boycott Israel, not blankly anyway. I don't think it will change anything there because you're only going to force all Israelis to stick together, and the problem is the settlers - those are the people you should be against, and the settlers are holding their entire country hostage by making it seem that if you're against them, then you're against all Jews. The settlers are as bad as the Hamas, but the rest of Israel has earned its right to be there. We should be trying to focus on helping peace-minded people on both sides of the conflict. Anything produced on occupied territory for example, I'd happily boycott that. But it's really important that Israelis see we're not against their country itself. The same goes for Palestinians.

My two cents.

you hate the settlers? why, simply because of where they built there houses? nobody was living there before, otherwise they woulnd have had to built settlements in the first place! how are they as bad as hamas? hamas go around butchering women and children and want to exterminate the jewish people. the settlers want to build a new balcony.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 3:01 pm

The best MRI scanners in the world are made in Israel. Do you want to boycott those too?

ruveyn

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 4:01 pm

M'kay well I've been doing my part by staying away from kosher foods except pork. I also haven't been buying those god awful torahs.

Not sure what else to boycott unless they work over in China..... :?

TitusLucretiusCarus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 4:23 pm

boycotts are largely ineffective, if not a distraction form doing something that actually changes the situation - i hear people now and then bringing up the boycott of South African corporations during apartheid but it didn't change anything either.

timetopretend
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Feb 2010, 3:18 pm

israels given more help to haiti after the earthquake than any other country. should the haitians not accept this help and boycott israel?