Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

feaghal
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jan 2010, 11:23 am

This is kind of a background on me...but here goes
My best friend, almost a brother, Craig is the cure. when he met me, I was a quiet, none social to the max and hygiene was the minimum priority. so when he came around, it seemed everyone hated him, yet i became friends right away. (well, friends as in i helped him with his homework and he let me play video games with him) and he bullied me to all hell(he made me do stuff i didn't want to do as in speak in public, and ask some one out, things like that).

What, as I look back, we became friends because we played Smack Down vs Raw 2007, but anyways(sorry, I am Distract able thus the ADHD/ADD) he would push me to do all this stuff, now as a senior (i was a freshmen then) in high school and i am a completely different person. He forced me to act like a "normal" person, i had to learn to get use to people bumping me in the halls, get use to being late to class, getting use to public speech. in short what he did was make me learn normality, in special Edd classes they don't teach how to be socially accepted, they only tell you about what to do and answer questions. what i needed was an ass-hole who knew what the world was and that sometimes, people don't need to worry about others feelings sometimes because autism is amused you cant, instead its harder to, and he saw this and fixed it.

I'd love to get some feed back, so please speak up ^^

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 11:53 am

Quote:
sometimes, people don't need to worry about others feelings sometimes because autism is amused you cant, instead its harder to, and he saw this and fixed it.
'ts all this, then?

haha, yeah, i think i know where you're coming from. my bf is sort of like that. it's pretty weird, for some of the stuff, like socialization, it can be forced. sensory issues? i've never went through spec. ed, at all. i'm the "invisible." anyway, getting used to being physically jostled, riding university buses (they're crowded, no?), using a telephone... i was integrated all my life, so dealing with this stuff is forced. as a result, i'm more used to it. but the first time on a university bus was like :!: :!: :!: . hehe.

that is awesome that you found a friend! i am glad he helped you (purposefully?) to break through a bit!

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 12:19 pm

jamesongerbil wrote:
Quote:
sometimes, people don't need to worry about others feelings sometimes because autism is amused you cant, instead its harder to, and he saw this and fixed it.
'ts all this, then?

haha, yeah, i think i know where you're coming from. my bf is sort of like that. it's pretty weird, for some of the stuff, like socialization, it can be forced. sensory issues? i've never went through spec. ed, at all. i'm the "invisible." anyway, getting used to being physically jostled, riding university buses (they're crowded, no?), using a telephone... i was integrated all my life, so dealing with this stuff is forced. as a result, i'm more used to it. but the first time on a university bus was like :!: :!: :!: . hehe.

that is awesome that you found a friend! i am glad he helped you (purposefully?) to break through a bit!

reminds me of highschool. On the busses id always bring my CD player (MP3 player after i bought one). So id just listen to my type of music and just tune out the world. Didnt i mention 45 minute long bus rides = boring.

I really didnt get bothered really, unless it was some methhead who threw empty meth packets at me. (He isnt alive anymore so hooray for meth overdose, he deserved it.). That and the buss was a mix of Highschool and middle school, so the younger crowd would annoy the s**t out of us highschoolers. Well one liked to sneak beside me and yank my headphones out of my ears (some 7th grade idiot. I was jr year at the time) well lets just say Knowing pressure points is fun, especially using them to knock someone unconscious long enough that they would regularly miss their bus stop.

also got kicked off the bus sophmore year for beating the s**t out of an upperclassmen (more like one punch to face = unconsciousness, and a hand that was sore for like a week.)

So yeah I have my ways of coping, usually by making the person annoying me consider me a Complete monster and not want anything to even do with me.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 12:25 pm

Acceptance is the best cure. Please don't ask me to elaborate. That's not my strong point.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 1:11 pm

feaghal wrote:
This is kind of a background on me...but here goes
My best friend, almost a brother, Craig is the cure. when he met me, I was a quiet, none social to the max and hygiene was the minimum priority. so when he came around, it seemed everyone hated him, yet i became friends right away. (well, friends as in i helped him with his homework and he let me play video games with him) and he bullied me to all hell(he made me do stuff i didn't want to do as in speak in public, and ask some one out, things like that).

What, as I look back, we became friends because we played Smack Down vs Raw 2007, but anyways(sorry, I am Distract able thus the ADHD/ADD) he would push me to do all this stuff, now as a senior (i was a freshmen then) in high school and i am a completely different person. He forced me to act like a "normal" person, i had to learn to get use to people bumping me in the halls, get use to being late to class, getting use to public speech. in short what he did was make me learn normality, in special Edd classes they don't teach how to be socially accepted, they only tell you about what to do and answer questions. what i needed was an ass-hole who knew what the world was and that sometimes, people don't need to worry about others feelings sometimes because autism is amused you cant, instead its harder to, and he saw this and fixed it.

I'd love to get some feed back, so please speak up ^^

Dragged kicking and screaming topic

Your post reads like a book.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

SDFarsight
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jan 2010, 1:26 pm

Where's this "cure for autism"? O.o

So far your story has just been about having a bad friend that encoraged you to accept being hit into walls. Or at least I think that's it. Frankly your English is hard to read.

fidelis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 2:50 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Acceptance is the best cure. Please don't ask me to elaborate. That's not my strong point.

I completely agree.
As for the "learning" to fit in part, it works, but it shouldn't be necessary. If people just accepted us we wouldn't have to for pretend to be like everyone else, just so we don't get shoved around and treated like dirt. Your friend helped you, but he shouldn't have had to help you. We should be accepted. The world (especially the world of high school) doesn't realize the position they would be in if we all just built a rocket and lived in a biosphere on mars. But it is nice to here a story about someone who actually understands once in a while.

feaghal
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jan 2010, 5:36 pm

i know i cant spell well, or that i doesn't make much sense...but the "cure" was someone who stopped using mental/social limitations and started to treat me like a human, not aspie...and some times forcing me to do something good

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2010, 7:51 am

I don't feel any need to fit in with society, as it is, today. I would have fit in nicely, 45 years ago and I don't ever want to change for anybody.