Which subject is most difficult to understand?

Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

High school, college and beyond...hardest subject for you?
English/grammar 12%  12%  [ 23 ]
Mathematics/algebra 40%  40%  [ 76 ]
Foreign language 12%  12%  [ 22 ]
History/east-west civilizations/archaeology 5%  5%  [ 10 ]
Music/art/creative 9%  9%  [ 17 ]
Physics/physical science 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Business/economics/money 9%  9%  [ 17 ]
Biology/life science 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 188

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2010, 5:20 pm

For me, I'd say Foreign Languages by far.

I took an intelligence test when I was 17, and it said that I was significantly above average in all areas except "Coding/decoding", in which I was below average. I imagine that's why I've never had much success at learning another language. Luckily I have a good handle over my own.

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 11:45 pm

I voted Foreign Languages, I would vote maths the second time around though

Last edited by Ashuahhe on 07 Feb 2011, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 2:36 pm

I struggle with speaking foreign languages (that includes Irish btw). I can usually read or listen fairly well but I've never been good at speaking, even English. :) I do read both Latin and Ancient Greek to a reasonable level so I probably don't have a problem with grammar or vocabulary.

KBerg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Feb 2011, 3:03 pm

None of the above. Mine were physical education, swimming, homeroom and woodshop (or as us girls were forced into.. sewing) and Danish. I had zero interest in those subjects and the teachers in some cases made it impossible to learn anything. I only consider Danish a real subject out of those though.

Out of the other real subjects I'd say my native language studies, the grammar I was told that I should just have a feeling for whether to use a double consonant or not, I never had that feeling. The literature parts of it I could BS my way through but I never bought into feminist theory that old 18th century poems about the beauty of nature were really about oppressing women because the mountains were clearly phallic and towered over the feminine rivers. I could fake it to get a good grade, but man, I worked one summer shoveling stuff that came out of the wrong end of cattle and that class was still the biggest load of BS I ever saw!

E-Wreck
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Feb 2011, 5:33 pm

I chose math. I'm really good at basic math but, once all the other stuff comes into play, I just don't get it at all.

Sari
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Feb 2011, 5:36 pm

My worst subject has always been Math too, I have always hated Math. I get the basic stuff like addition, subtraction, some multiplication and division, but anything beyond that I do not get all.

Blog: http://www.inthishecticlife.com

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 7:11 pm

Physics is the hardest subject for me to understand, the next hardest is math. The easiest is English. I find music easy, but art hard because I am not very good at drawing. Luckily, next year, I don't have to take physics and I can choose to take an easier math course if I want.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

BradPollard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Feb 2011, 8:22 pm

I have just finshed reading a book in titled ''look Me in the Eyes''. and in the book it said people with austim often seem to have hard times with comperhending math. This is true for me I`m in high school and i just got my report card a few weeks ago and I had all As and in math I had a C. It`s really not that I don`t want to know math it`s just it`s almost like I can`t comperhend so I`m in resources for and have been sence like the 3rd grade. So it`s nice to know that I`m not the only one to find math to be a pain 8O .