Ruin your Child by Taking them To the DOCtor

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2010, 7:31 am

Yep:

Here is how to create Autism.....

Get worried that thier is something "wrong" .... take your kid to the doctor , get "diagnosed" ,,, and run the next ten year guantlet of shoving your child into one experiment after another untill no-one can tell whether the experiment is the cause or if thier was truly something wrong in the first place.

Sadly parents post 80's (genx)are dumber and dumber and more concerned about nothing that is something, and unconcerned about reality and the vibe I call wholesome-ness.

The establishment is just crossing thier fingers that GenY will be raising kids in a different manner, less concern for "peace" "nuclear" or "grean" tempramental philosophies, and understanding the simplicities of Birth, life and death.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2010, 7:53 am

Please, this forum is meant for parents' issues and serious discussion. Paranoid theories about evil doctors have place in the politics forum, though keep in mind that the guys in there have too much critical thinking.

Last edited by Vexcalibur on 31 Jan 2010, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2010, 9:41 am

Oops, I just wandered in because I thought "DOCtor" was going to be some clever play on words that I just had to see. I'll go now.

masterdieff
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Feb 2010, 9:32 am

You can get just as messed up if you're not diagnosed for too long. It's blatantly obvious that I've got some developmental delays, real stuff, but that's only in hindsight. In the meantime I've missed out on so many opportunities just because I slipped through the cracks. My parents did the opposite of yours: they refused to even consider that anything was "wrong" with me. If I hadn't finally gotten a diagnosis I would have spiraled into a suicidal depression over what a fuck-up I am.

Not a Christian, just a thinker.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 11:07 am

Well we went through one doctor after another and none of them diagnosed me for anything except a major depression disorder and anxiety.

Wasn't until my own psychologist who knew me more than my doctors asked if there was a possiblity that I could be tested for aspergers. None of my doctors ever mentioned this so with the great help of both my psychologist and family, they did much research and decided to get me an diagnosis done.

I have to say that I'm surprised by the lack of expertise these so-called doctors have. Not to mention whenever you're referred to a doctor, it isn't until you meet them that they tell you they're just nurse practitioners.

I'd like to know what's up with that? :?

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 11:17 am

Unfortunately, society has a very hostile attitude towards mental disorders and illnesses. This applies towards the medical community as well.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 9:00 pm

While Erlyrisa has the wrong approach, I'd would say there is some truth to it. But it's less the doctors fault and more society in general: any ideology that which is considered "mainstream" cannot understad must be some kind of "disorder" that needs fixing.

If society was less conformist, and realized that not everybody has to think and act the same way there would not be a problem.

However, I would assume Erlyrisa's lack of tact would suggest they think that it's something you can beat out of someone. My family, the Nixa R-2 School district, and every threapy, pill, and psychologist having been trying for fifteen years with no luck. They all would have had better luck if they had just left me alone like I had asked. Would I have still been autistic? yes. Would I have still been Obsessive-Compulsive? Of course. But I would not have become an embittered misanthrope who blames society for all his problems and seeks to destroy it due to the trauma recived from the hands of the public school system.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 3:16 am

Erlyrisa wrote:
Yep:

Get worried that thier is something "wrong" .... take your kid to the doctor , get "diagnosed" ,,, and run the next ten year guantlet of shoving your child into one experiment after another untill no-one can tell whether the experiment is the cause or if thier was truly something wrong in the first place.

Sadly parents post 80's (genx)are dumber and dumber and more concerned about nothing that is something, and unconcerned about reality and the vibe I call wholesome-ness.

The establishment is just crossing thier fingers that GenY will be raising kids in a different manner, less concern for "peace" "nuclear" or "grean" tempramental philosophies, and understanding the simplicities of Birth, life and death.

My parents are both highly intelligent and did an exemplary job of raising me, thank you very much.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 3:33 am

Erlyrisa wrote:
Yep:

Perhaps some people live in a different world. I have found nothing simple about birth, life or death.