What have you got planned this valentines?

Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 10:44 am

What have you got planned this valentines?

Well... This seems to be undecided but this year, I want to plan something special for my girlfriend since I haven't seen her for a while and I want this one to turn out good and get a kiss at least :D

What about any of you?

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 10:58 am

No complete plans yet, but I might take a guy I'm kinda going out with to a hamfest. (I'm obviously a ham, he's interested in possibly getting his license).

RhettOracle
Toucan
Toucan

02 Feb 2010, 11:13 am

I'm taking my wife to a restaurant where they are roasting all different kinds of meat over an open pit in the back. The servers come around to each table every few minutes with a big cut of each one on a skewer, and if you'd like some, they will carve you off a slice or two. So you get to taste several kinds of beef, pork, lamb and others, all roasted a different way. They have a steam table with potatoes, rice, and vegetables to eat with your meat. All of it was very, very good (except we weren't too thrilled by the lamb). We went there for our anniversary last year, and have been waiting for another occasion to go. It's one of those restaurants that is pretty expensive, so you can only reasonably eat there on special occasions.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 11:19 am

probably going to a restrunt with my boyfriend probably in Manhattan new york around 42 street times square. then spend the night at a hotel to get away from friends and family and just be alone, or maybe we just go to the movies.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 11:26 am

Nothing, really. Valentines is not really a holiday for me as in nothing special happens and I don't really care that nothing happens

Lepus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Feb 2010, 11:48 am

Not sure about 'doing' anything but I've managed to find a card for the bloke in my life. I really don't like twee cards with poetry or teddy bears, flowers, hearts or soppy messages. I also specificly didn't want one that said "I love you". Bit of a tall order I guess.

I found one in the end that had a kids drawing type cartoon couple on the front and said " Lovin' the fact I met you, you're so cool because you rock".

I like the fact that they make cards that don't make you say stuff you don't feel comfortable saying. I love him, but that's beside the point.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 11:58 am

I hate Valentine's Day. It's an excuse for companies to add love hearts to their ads in hope of increasing sales and for florists to double their prices.

I'm just doing what I do everyday, it's just another day to me...

BetsyRath
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Feb 2010, 12:05 pm

We're going to a burlesque show! Should be really fun and a new experience for both of us. That is actually the 13th, Sat. On the actual day 14th, we will probably make a nice dinner at home for the kids with a special dessert.

And being female YES I am hoping to receive something soft and slinky to wear, even if it is worshiping an artificial, commercially constructed "holiday". Someone said the chocolate and hallmark companies make a mint off this holiday but I bet the lingerie companies do too!

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 12:49 pm

I dont really make plans at all, if something comes up then something comes up. So yeah I kinda let chaos run my life.... mmmm chaos theory anyone? :P

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 12:50 pm

I'm also thinking... what gift should I get her and how I'm going to make valentines day sweet for her but also how i'm I going to make it cheap but also fun and loving at the same time?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 12:54 pm

I'll be reved up about the fact that my idol's Birthday is the next day, and having dreams about him, in 1965.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 12:56 pm

superboyian wrote:
I'm also thinking... what gift should I get her and how I'm going to make valentines day sweet for her but also how i'm I going to make it cheap but also fun and loving at the same time?

How's about a diamond encrusted iPod touch with her name written in gold on the back?

Oh, sorry, missed the "cheap" part... :lol:

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 1:02 pm

Valentines day also happens to be Chinese New Year...so we are gonna have a valentines/year of the tiger party

BetsyRath
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Feb 2010, 1:05 pm

superboyian wrote:

What about a collection of songs that are meaningful to you, or remind you of her, on a thumb drive or CD? Kind of like a mix tape!

What is she like? What are her interests?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 2:07 pm

Even if I had a GF, I wouldn't be doing anything special.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 2:12 pm

There's a slim chance I might get to go see my long-distance husband. But likely not.
So I shall probably spend Valentines day playing WoW.

:)