Do you have weird sleeping habits?
Yes 95%  95%  [ 41 ]
No 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 43

Poeticromance
Toucan
Toucan

03 Feb 2010, 4:02 am

I'm up into the early mornings at night because I cannot sleep. I end up sleeping till 1 in the afternoon >.<

03 Feb 2010, 5:08 am

I go to bed whenever I want. I have no bed time because I have sleeping issues. So when I feel sleepy, I go to bed. Sometimes I sleep on the couch because my husband goes to bed before me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 5:31 am

I find that I sleep for 5 hours, I'm up for an hour, than I sleep again, for an hour or two. I find WP more soothing than sleep, these days.

Woodfish
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2010, 7:14 am

voted yes. for instance yesterday i fell asleep at 5pm and awoke at 10 pm /: ?!?!

If we concentrate on accepting ourselves, change will happen. It will take care of itself. Self-acceptance is so hard to get you can't do it a day at a time. I've found that I need to run my life five minutes at a time. --Jess Lair

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 11:54 am

When I was a younger person (from about age 14 - 25) I simply could not get to sleep before 2 or 3 in the morning, and would sleep late - until noon if I could get away with it. That didn't go over well during school terms, though. I'd be a walking zombie in classes. I had to be up by 6:00 and out the door by 6:30, but I still could not get to sleep before 2:00am. Had nothing to do with TV (didn't have one) or caffeine (didn't drink it).

When I was in grad school in my 30s, after spending several years in the workforce working night shifts (which was great, by the way), I spent my most productive time from 10:00pm - 4:00am. I had a toddler in tow, but she adapted a bit to my schedule.(Finding a daycare that would take her for anything other than 8:00am- 6:00pm was quite a challenge, though.)

Now, after having spent 20 more years working in 8-5:00 jobs I wake up early on the weekends, just as if they were weekdays. But on holidays, any time more than a week, my internal clock tries to re-adjust. I find my self awake later and later, and sleeping later. Everything shifts - I had one year where I was staying up until 4 or 5am again, and sleeping til 1 or 2 in the afternoon. It was great - except for the first day I had to be back at work at 8:00am! Given all that, I think I must have been designed to be more nocturnal than a day-worker.

Other than that, the only sleep oddity I have is that I can sleep anywhere at any time. As long as I'm not worried about having my purse stolen, for example, I can nod off for 10 minutes on a park bench, if I choose. I've been able to do that since I was in my 20s (possibly earlier, I just don't remember anymore) - I just switch the world off.

Kaizer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Feb 2010, 12:45 pm

same I find sleeping very difficult and stay up till the early hours and when i do sleep I keep waking up every so often lol :roll:

HowlingMad1992
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2010, 1:18 pm

My sleeping habits are fine. The only time I ever have trouble sleeping is when I have things on my mind, which doesn't usually happen.

CodeJunkie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Feb 2010, 1:48 pm

my sleeping patterns can be ridiculous, for example, going to bed at 5-7am and then waking up around 3-4, maybe even 5pm!

then again, i am at university so I do have a lot of time to spare :P

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 5:02 pm

Mine are predictably odd. In normal routine, I'm awake 7am - 12pm weekdays, 11am-1am Saturday, 12am-1am Sunday. Once out of normal routine on holiday, I start at ~12am-~1am and get progressively later. I think I'd settle down to fully nocturnal given long enough.

I used to work long shifts in a 3day-3night-3off pattern, and that really messed up my body clock. :( I'm so glad to be on a steadier job now! :)

The year is still young.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 5:16 pm

Yes, I do have weird sleeping patterns.... I tend to get up more early when I actually sleep late and not feel very tired until I stepped on the bus full of people. :lol:

When I happen to sleep early, sometimes I actually tend to oversleep.. I guess that's pretty weird, the first bit especially.

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 5:47 pm

I don't know if it's "weird" but my sleep patterns vary. I'll have a good stretch of a regular sleep pattern and then I'll go through a period where I can't fall asleep until really late. that lasts a few months and then I'm back to a good schedule again.

I have 2 kids to look after so that works against me. I always sleep better during the day than I do at night though. I've been told I've been like that since I was a baby.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 6:32 pm

I have unstable sleeping cycles too.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 6:49 pm

Yup. I have a late shifted sleep cycle, and never fall asleep before about 12:30 at night...Sometimes later.

And I am never alert before about 11am. I'm like a high functioning zombie in the mornings.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 7:09 pm

My mother decided while she was pregnant with me that I must be an alien because I didn't have a normal circadian rhythm. I've always had huge problems sleeping, I usually wouldn't be able to fall asleep until I'd given up on it. Mornings were awful. Now, it takes klonopin, benadryl, and melatonin to get me to sleep. This sounds silly, but I don't know how to actually fall asleep. I was actually on ambien for a little while-- I didn't stay on it because it didn't work. I'd heard stories about people thinking it was like benzodiazapines and taking it right before driving home, and then falling asleep at the wheel. But I took it, and then was up all night. The next night I took two-- still didn't sleep. Whatever it is that's wrong with my sleep, it's not a
"normal" sleep problem.

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 10:44 pm

its twenty to four in the morning here and am wide awake.

LuxoJr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2010, 11:34 pm

Is sleeping at 3 am considered weird?