Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Free-Hinter-System
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Aug 2010, 4:06 pm

I doubt in the case of a film as popular as this that you will be able to find a showing at which you are the only audience member.

arecibo_
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Aug 2010, 5:11 pm

I never thought it was odd, I've met many NTs who go the cinema alone. Then again they were film enthusiasts so...

That said I much prefer going with friends, so I have some people I can talk to about the film straight after it's over when it's freshest in my memory.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 7:18 pm

Wow, this is an old thread! Oh well!

I've been to one movie only by myself. Pink Floyd's, The Wall. I went alone by choice because I wanted to be able to watch and listen totally undisturbed by friends yakking and making constant commentaries. I wanted to absorb and interpret it on my own.

Well that worked out real well because a bunch of drunken morons decided to sit right behind me and do what my friends at the time would do, TEN TIMES WORSE!

Go figure....

:roll:

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 7:21 pm

I go alone all the time. In fact, I prefer going alone. That way I don't have to put up with the person next to me while watching the movie.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 11:03 pm

there were two times that i was the only one in the movie theatre, now THAT is a luxury 8) but this was a decade ago, nowadays they'd shoo me out and tell me to come back when there were more people.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 11:10 am

I always go to the cinema alone because I don't have anyone to go with. Sometimes I think it is sad that I go alone but what choice do I have. I just really love movies and as cruel as this may sound it's the movies that are more important, though it would be nice to go with other people. This year I've been to the cinema twice with other people, first me, my sister and her boyfriend went to see Iron Man 2 and months later the 3 of us along with my parents went to see Toy Story 3. But I would have like to have gone and see a lot of other blockbusters like Avatar or The Dark Knight with other people. I've been told by my parents that going to the cinema alone isn't sad, plus when I went to see the special edition of Avatar I was sitting in the same row with a guy who also was alone and he seemed happy enough. He was even singing or humming some of the lyrics from the song at the end.

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 12:55 pm

I'm good either way. For me the point of going to the movies is to see the movie, and I can do that whether I'm by myself or with other people. It can be a fun thing to do with friends because there isn't the need for constant conversation...unless whoever I'm with likes to chat during movies, which is annoying. But if I don't have anyone to go with, it doesn't bother me to go on my own.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 1:32 pm

I usually go to the movie theater by myself.

The last time I went to see a movie with my family, my mom talked for most of the movie. :evil:

bigdave
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Sep 2010, 4:33 pm

I go to the movies alone often. I would rather have someone to go with but when I dont I dont mind being there by myself. I like it better alone sometimes. I get more space, both arm rests

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 4:59 pm

mehhh, i honestly don't see why going to the cinema alone would be such a huge issue.
it's not strictly a group activity anyhow.

that's like saying it's a sad thing to see a person reading a book alone. it'serfectly natural and commonplace *shrug*. i suppose the only time you wouldn't read a book alone is in a classroom or if you're in a book club who likes to discuss it together afterward :? .

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Sep 2010, 5:35 pm

There's nothing wrong with going to the cinema alone, or eating alone, or doing whatever alone. There's no social rule about that. Go and enjoy. It's nice to have time to yourself.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 6:12 am

I go to the movies alone, all the time. It's fun. :D