Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2010, 2:00 pm

I wish I had the guts to go on my own. :lol:
I see people on their own in the cinema all the time. Who the heck cares? :P

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

ALacount
Toucan
Toucan

23 Apr 2010, 3:02 pm

I went, and it was one of the best trips to the cinema I'v ever had. The film was great... and ther wern't too many peopel there (of course, when watching final destination or somethign, its better to go with freinds so you can say `THAT BEYATCH GOT OWWWNED!!1 TO them.... but that's final destination!)
Also, I went to see kick ass with two freinds, (both AS actually) and none of us talked for the duration of the film...

Reducto
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2010, 3:56 pm

I do it all the time and have never had a problem. I generally go at off-peak times so that I don't have anyone sitting directly next to, in front of, or behind me. I sometimes get a little self conscious when the lights are still on but once the lights dim and the movie starts I get very relaxed and am able to enjoy myself.

If I could just figure out how to get the salt levels right on the popcorn I'd be in heaven!

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 4:08 pm

If I go to cinema, concert or sth, it's 99% sure I go alone. I don't need anyone in the cinema, it's silent place. I want to see a movie, so I come, sit, watch in silence and go away. And people make me tired. I don't like to walk and laugh/eat with them before film begins, or after and talk who was the cutiest?

I'm a member of other forums, so when I go to the concert, I ALWAYS meet sb from fanclub forum. I pretend to be normal, but sometimes I'm totally silent and out. I remember one fanclub meeting when I became Non Verbal Autie and people were a little afraid. It was my first meeting, so I was stressed and I seemed insane to them, I'm pretty sure.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

JCpatriots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Apr 2010, 4:15 pm

I go to the theaters alone, and I never get "bad looks" for it. I don't see why going out to the movies has to be exclusively to be only a group activity. You can enjoy a movie by yourself, you don't need someone else to enjoy it with.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 4:21 pm

I do it all the time, and I have fun.

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2010, 4:30 pm

I perfer to go alone and.....
out 2 eat
bars
woods
concerts
shopping
shows,ect
I'll make big elaborte dinners and my brother,and other people say it's sad to do those things alone.
but they have stories about how there night sucked because so and so wanted 2 do something else and there is a big fight and noone has fun......and that is when I leave with out telling them(if you say your leaving to your friends they alllllllllllways try to talk you out of it)
people say it's sad but think about it they won't go any where alone,some of my friends won't go in to a bar or other places alone, that seems wierd 2 me they are too scared to do it so that is an n/t anxity?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2010, 4:30 pm

I do it if there's a movie that I like, but nobody else does.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2010, 4:56 pm

I LOVE watching movies alone. It's slightly weird, but not weird enough that you should be stopped. I don't think it's sad at all. I've been dying to see a movie in a cinema alone some time. Then I don't have to hear the nasty eating noises.
I've had lunch out alone, several times. I felt slightly awkward, because I know people might be thinking that's strange. But I enjoyed it for the most part.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2010, 5:15 pm

I don't go alone and I don't go with people. I cannot stand going to the movie theater's, especially since the non-crappy one is attached to the mall.

theimperiousdork
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2010, 5:23 pm

I do go to the mall alone (most of the time, I love doing so), but I rarely go to the cinema alone. I do so mostly with family and friends.

Catatab_Tabimount
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Aug 2010, 12:25 pm

I go many places alone most of the time, and I am an 18 year old female. Not only is it considered weird, but in some areas it can be dangerous. I avoid walking around ratty cities by myself and usually just stay in the safer suburban areas. Sometimes I feel self-conscious about shopping around the mall alone, because that is where all the preppy girls likes to go. But nobody has ever actually came in front of me and called me a "loser" for that, and if they thought that, I'll just think the same of them.

jakewp
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Aug 2010, 2:16 pm

It's interesting to see how many of you also go alone most of the time. I thought it was just me..
I use to go every week in the cinema, since 10 years ago ALWAYS alone. To be honesty I'd prefer someone with me, but have no choice.
In fact, I do almost everything alone.

They grow and flourish and then return to the source.
Returning to the source is stillness, which is the way of nature

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 Aug 2010, 3:22 pm

I have gone to movies alone, many times. When my daughter was a pre-schooler,I used to take her to a local one dollar cinema, in the middle of a week day. If you were lucky, there wouldn't be above three other people in the theater. Other times, I went to see movies alone, but always during the day. I enjoyed them just as much as I would have if someone had gone with me. I am not dependent upon others to have a good time. I have also dined alone. I once went to a fancy restaurant with my infant. I asked for a booth, and ordered a fine meal. She slept the whole time, and when done, I took a taxi home. If people thought I was weird, I didn't notice.

It amazes me that society thinks there is something wrong with viewing movies or dining alone. A former friend annoyed me greatly, when Avatar came out. My new boyfriend had taken me to see it, and we enjoyed it immensely. Later, she called to say that she was jealous because her brother and his wife had gone to see it, and her daughter had been taken to see it, and now myself. She wanted me to go again, with her, just because she didn't want to go alone! Besides it being a very expensive movie (they were charging more because of the 3-D) why on earth would I want to pay to see the same thing again 2 days afterward, just because she didn't want to go alone? :roll:

Samarium
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Aug 2010, 3:27 pm

I go to the cinema alone all the time, I prefer it. I experience panick attacks when a cinema contains more than arouns a dozen people, there are usually few people there to mock me.

Free-Hinter-System
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Aug 2010, 4:06 pm

I doubt in the case of a film as popular as this that you will be able to find a showing at which you are the only audience member.