Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

jonnyeol
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Mar 2006, 3:07 am

I really should have posted this before I went, but anyway, I feel I should say something. I went to a speed dating event last night, most specifically, a goth'n'rock speed dating event. 15 girls, 3 minutes with each. Talk about a social challenge - it's really hard to give an account of yourself and get to know the other person in that time. Starting conversations is quite hard when it's forced.

There was a little form you ticked - the results are not out until Saturday - only then will I know if there are any mutual attractions. It was a nice idea, and the kind of thing I'd been looking for. But at the end of the night, I just didn't feel happy with my performance.

Have any of you ever tried anything similar?

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2006, 4:16 am

Yes, but I lost. :oops:

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2006, 5:20 am

Dating on speed sounds more amusing.

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2006, 6:13 am

Sanityisoverrated wrote:

You really crack me up.

Of course, Ritalin *is* speed, so many of us have probably been there. Unfortunately, whatever NTs get from speed is completely lost on me since it just takes care of the ADHD without imparting any special "extras".

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2006, 12:38 pm

Sanityisoverrated wrote:

I like the cut of your jib

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2006, 3:41 pm

I don't think I will ever do this as I can't converse in such a small window of time when forced. I find it difficult sometimes to start a coversation as I don't usually know where to start, especially when it comes to talking about myself, I'm rubbish at selling myself, I really have to think about what I say first and in what order. :oops: I'm shy but when I get going have quite a character but its a bit in your face and I can't let that loose as this would freak people out. I'm no good at boundaries. Plus I don't think you can get to know someone well enough in that space of time.

theman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: Oklahoma...... where the men are men and the sheep run scared.

09 Mar 2006, 4:41 pm

I would like speed dating because I can tell a lot about people just by looking at them. The selling part would be hard though, best bet would be to start stimming, that should convey all I would ever want to say. :D

jman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2006, 8:56 pm

Speed dating is a waste of time IMO.

baby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Mar 2006, 11:38 am

oh wow speeddating the fastest way known to man to meet 20 different jerks in one night!! ! :lol:

Been there done that, never again

baby

cheesecheese
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2006, 10:45 am

I took the plunge sometime last year and signed on for an evening of speed dating.
Absolute disaster. I took advantage of the open bar and consumed as much alcohol as I thought my ticket price was worth, writing off the people I'd been paired with. For some reason they'd dumped me - 20 years old - with men twice my age. I met a man who was a pilot, who'd earned his wings the month before i was born.
I even got a match out of the replies, despite my heavy champagne consumption. Never again. At least, not with that company.