Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2010, 7:28 pm

i recently saw this on youtube and would really like to get into it, i am an experienced skateboarder but i'm looking for a decent board that won't cost me a bundle in case it doesn't work out for me. and if you don't know what i'm talking about Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05yIsaKPXdE

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 1:11 am

Sector 9 makes a decent board for around $90-200. I have one that got ran over by some old lady in a Cadillac when it rolled under her car, it just bounced up and hit her undercarriage when her front and back tires went over it, and I'm still using it 5 years later. I haven't done much sliding on mine (I never bothered to get or make the appropriate gloves for it), except for the occasional time I've actually drifted from taking a corner too fast (15-20ish mph).

Something I'd like to get into next would be Freeboarding (it's more like snowboarding, look it up on YouTube), but I haven't checked recently for prices on those.

bdubs
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Feb 2010, 11:39 pm

check out whiskey millitia . com they usually have decent longboard on there for under 80 or craigslist. You really can drift any wheel but its easier to drift harder durometer wheels. Ive heard great stuff about the 72mm acbec 11 retro freeride wheels. I ride a 78 duro on abec 11 Pinks they are perfect hold carves real well and can drift like butter once you wear them down. But I would just get a cheap board to see if you like it. Also cool/smart people wear helmets.