Are you lazy?
Yes, I am lazy. 73%  73%  [ 37 ]
No, I am not lazy. 27%  27%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 51

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 12:28 pm

If you are, do you think it is related to AS?

ASdogGeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 12:32 pm

I want to put sometime because somedays I feel like I am others I am not. I feel lasy when I loose my routines and have nothing to do

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 12:34 pm

KevinLA wrote:
If you are, do you think it is related to AS?

It feels like laziness, but it's executive dysfunction. The end result is the same. I have a hard time getting started.

ASdogGeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 12:41 pm

Maybe that is it I am not lazy it is just hard to get started. Thank you that sounds more accurate to me.

passionatebach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Feb 2010, 12:42 pm

Laziness is a subjective term. It is usually in the eyes of the beholder, and can be due to a number of conditions such as Executive Function issues or depression.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 1:06 pm

I feel a little lazy, at times. Sometimes I just want to sit around, or sleep.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 1:47 pm

I think I'm a really lazy person. I don't go to school, nor do I have a job. Pretty much all I do is surf the internet, watch movies or go out running.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Feb 2010, 1:49 pm

I call it my "down time." Usually I strive to be productive. With my health issues, which manifest as fatigue, I have found that my down times are needed. After that, I can be "up" again. It's like a computer going into rest mode. :)

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 1:59 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
I call it my "down time." Usually I strive to be productive. With my health issues, which manifest as fatigue, I have found that my down times are needed. After that, I can be "up" again. It's like a computer going into rest mode. :)

Yes, whether it's ADD or AS or both, I need to recharge frequently.

exhausted
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 2:04 pm

i guess you could say i have a hard time getting started.

Luzhin
Toucan
Toucan

06 Feb 2010, 2:16 pm

I don't think I am lazy but I do tire very easily. So, I try to get everything done as quickly as possible and then rest.

knowledgeiskey
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Feb 2010, 2:25 pm

I'm lazy. I only procrasinate because I'm afraid that I won't finish a task correctly.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 2:37 pm

Lazy can be fixed with willpower. If it can't be fixed with willpower, then it's not laziness.

For example. If you want more than anything to pass a test, and you are not able to bring yourself to study, then it is very likely that you are not being lazy, but that there's some other issue involved that you need to figure out.

If, on the other hand, you simply don't care about passing the test (and haven't got anything going on that impairs motivation to begin with, nor have you told yourself you don't care when you actually do), then I'd call that laziness.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Omerik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Feb 2010, 2:41 pm

I sincerely don't know how to respond to this.

I also have diagnosed ADHD, which made people claim I'm lazy and don't care, and later made me accept this claim myself, but since I started taking Ritalin/Concerta, I'm not lazy at all.

Since ADHD is common with the autistic spectrum, as much as I know, maybe that's the reason you're lazy, if you feel you are.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 3:23 pm

When im not in a good mood.......YES.

"If you feed your faith your fears will starve to death"

http://www.youtube.com/user/BrandonJ280

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 5:11 pm

Callista wrote:
Lazy can be fixed with willpower. If it can't be fixed with willpower, then it's not laziness.

For example. If you want more than anything to pass a test, and you are not able to bring yourself to study, then it is very likely that you are not being lazy, but that there's some other issue involved that you need to figure out.

If, on the other hand, you simply don't care about passing the test (and haven't got anything going on that impairs motivation to begin with, nor have you told yourself you don't care when you actually do), then I'd call that laziness.

I think this applies to me. I've been told I have a very strong willpower, so it's not really that I don't want to do things. I always think of things I want to do besides being on the internet, but it's almost as if I'm afraid to get off of it. Heck, I don't even go to different websites every day; they're the same ones day in and day out. On one hand I want to have more variety in my day, but on the other hand... familiarity = comfort.