18 Apr 2019, 8:55 pm

Margaret Lynn crossman put too many students on the roll sheet

In QuickBooks, that is called :skull: adding too many customers :mrgreen:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Apr 2019, 7:57 am

This involves a principle instead of a teacher~ Anyways in 6th grade a kid was messing with me trying to start a fight. We fought for abit & then ended it. He then told the teacher I grabbed his crotch. (I would NEVER do something like that on purpose but it's possible I accidentally brushed against it while we were fighting but at the time I really believed I didn't even touch it) The principle had a meeting with me & my dad to discuss it & my dad asked if they were any witnesses. The principle said she didn't think he would lie & after talking for a minute about something, she told me how I need to tell on bullies when they mess with me. What The F#ck is the point in telling on them if they'll be believed over me :? She had recommend I'd get counseling to learn about inappropriate touches but my parents didn't really believe I did it cuz it was completely out of character for me to do something like that. I had never expressed sexual interest in guys & I didn't like others touching me & would only touch others when I had to. There's no reason I would grab any guys crotch. My parents also knew bullies lied on me. There's a chance my parents would of been open to considering I did it but after my dad saw the way I was railroaded, they gave me the benefit of the doubt at least & we never even talked about it after that day & they didn't fuss me, punish me, or send me to counseling.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 9:21 pm

The nutrition instructor put an exclamation mark after the number four

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 6:23 pm

I had an art teacher from first grade to fourth grade. I think her name was Mrs. P. She would refuse to teach about any other artist than Van Gough and NEVER let us use any "messy" media. I think she was an art history major who and only perused being an elementary school art teacher for an easy pay check. Her substitute (I never knew what her name was not even the letter) made me sit in the corner when I simply asked why we were reading (about Van Gough of course) instead of doing anything art related. The next time she came she walked in the door, saw me, pointed at me and then at the corner. I had not said ANYTHING.

My regular 4th grade teacher, Mrs. L saw me trying to defend myself against a bully and grabbed my arm to drag me to the principal's office. She was physically hurting me she was clinging to tightly to me. I asked her to let go. She refused. I taped at her hands to try to tell her she just shooed me off. I panicked and bit her before I realized what I had done. It worked. She let go. I never got in trouble for biting her. But she left a bruise on my arm and ALMOST got fired. I heard from another family at my mom's home-school yard-sale that their kid had Mrs. L and she did the same exact thing to their kid who had Asperger's.

If I wasn't home-schooled at the start of 5th grade I would have probably killed myself.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 9:35 pm

The seventh grade teacher said she hits children

That was illegal

:mrgreen:

Alexis usnick got said her house didn't have a roof. And it was raining

Ms Roberts used to "check for jeans" by feeling up someones thigh (not allowed jeans under sweatpants in PE class)

Sexual harassment

:mrgreen:

Ms Burroughs barked at me for missing a ball (baseball)

Ms Villa vicencio sent me to class, for "talking back). Age 4

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2019, 9:39 pm

In preschool, a kid wasn’t listening. So the teacher got out a knife and said, “If you still don’t listen, I’ll cut off your ear, since obviously you wouldn’t need it anymore.”

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2019, 3:02 pm

My third grade teacher purposely skipped the lesson on animals because she knew I had been looking forward to it since the first day. I also had un diagnosed dysgraphia and she had us do timed tests every day on the multiplication tables. If you got every single answer correct past the threes, you got to pick out a prize. By the time I had somewhat mastered the threes, prizes were phased out. This woman HATED me. She even put my desk away from the other kids to isolate me and encouraged bullying. To everyone else she was the "fun" teacher. I found her on Facebook and called her out on her behavior and told her I possibly have may PTSD due to the way she treated me. Never heard back from her but she read them. I hope her consious kicked in and she no longer treats kids like that.

In third or fourth grade, we had a substitute for art class. My regular art teacher was OBSESSED with Vincent Van Gogh and never let us use paint or anything "messy". One day when she is absent, she has a sub and our assignment for art class was to read over a biography about Van Gough. I asked how it was related to art. The sub put me in the corner for the rest of the class. The next time the regular art teacher was out the same sub returned and as soon as she walked in the door, she pointed at me and then at the corner with out a word.

ConverseFan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jul 2019, 10:33 pm

1. My third grade teacher had no idea how to handle me or anyone else with autism. I hated third grade. I used to run out of class everyday. I would hit myself. I ended up being in a separate class room for most of grade 3 because of that stuff. I couldn't handle anything. My teacher would not understand my need for routine and stuff would get mixed around and I wouldn't handle it well. Everything felt so unbalanced when my routine was messed up. I had so much anxiety about it. Also my meltdowns and stuff would lead to the whole class having a bad day because of me. I feel bad about it now but I think I would have done better if I had had an aide in that class, so I could stay in class. I got one in Grade 4,5,and 6.

2. I went to get help for math in the learning support room where I usually go. Most people know me in there. One day I went there and there was a new teacher there. They said they could help me out. I took out my math work and they helped me but they also asked me if I had missed a lot of school because I didn't know enough of what I should know. I kind of felt upset when they said that. I don't get along with substitute teachers that well.

3. Another time I had a substitute teacher in grade 11 who did not understand that I needed space. They would randomly stand behind me when I was doing my work. I wouldn't talk to them though because I don't talk to people I don't feel comfortable around. They didn't understand that either. They tried to get me to talk and I kind of couldn't. They were a special education substitute teacher. I don't understand. I also would get so scared when they would randomly be standing behind me. They also once touched me when they were walking by my chair. I didn't notice they were there and I felt frightened for the rest of the day. I am sensitive to unexpected touch.

4. I had a teacher in grade 9 that I had a routine with. Every day I would give them a high five at the end of the day. One day I had a substitute teacher who didn't do that. I kept on trying to ask them but they didn't say yes or no. I was so nervous to ask

hannahjrob
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jul 2019, 12:13 am

My mom used to work as an aide at an elementary school. She once witnessed a second grade teacher telling her students that Spain is located below Florida during a geography lesson.

And I could practically write a novel about my third grade teacher. She REALLY didn't like shy, quiet, and socially awkward kids, so she picked on me a lot. She'd intentionally call on me when I wasn't raising my hand because she thought I needed to "participate" more in class. By third grade, I was starting to come out of my shell (I was practically mute at school in kindergarten and first grade, but had an amazing 2nd grade teacher who was the polar opposite of this lady and helped me a lot, and made me feel so much more comfortable at school), and I did raise my hand and volunteer to answer sometimes when I was feeling confident. But she'd call on me a lot when I really wasn't in the mood to talk or when I truly just didn't know the answer...then I'd freeze up and not know what to do and I'd sit there in awkward silence. Then she'd accuse me of not paying attention. She wrote on my report card that "Hannah often doesn't know where I am when I call on her"...when really, that wasn't it at all. I was just awkward and had anxiety so I didn't know how to just tell her I didn't know the answer, and I froze up if I just really wasn't wanting to speak in front of the class.

She also got mad at me and yelled across the room at me to "stop daydreaming" when I didn't immediately pick up my pencil and start writing when we had writing assignments. I just always wanted to plan out what I was going to write in my head before I started writing.

I also remember a time when my school was having a "code red" drill (where teachers are supposed to turn out the lights, lock the door, and put all their students in the corner of the classroom in the event of an intruder being in the building). Well, she got the bright idea to try to cram all 20+ of us into the TINY bathroom that we had in the classroom. I mean, anyone who knows anything about young kids knows not to try to do something like that...obviously they're going to be fidgeting and acting silly and running into each other. She also turned off the light in the bathroom. I just remember it being pitch dark in there, and some kids of course were giggling and acting silly and she just snapped at us to be quiet and sit still. Then, suddenly, the toilet flushed. Again, it was so dark that I'm sure nobody did it intentionally because we couldn't even see the toilet, but someone obviously ran or fell into it. Then my teacher started yelling at us. Well, thank goodness this was just a drill. Had some crazy shooter/intruder been in the school, we surely would have been the first ones to die...

I also remember a time that the whole class was taking a restroom break, and I guess one of the girls left the sink on. So the teacher called all of the girls into the bathroom to lecture us about not leaving the sink on, presumably because it was wasting water. One girl went to turn it off, and my teacher literally told her, "no, leave it on." Like she couldn't prove her point unless we could actually see the sink still running? But yeah, let's just waste even more water!

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 3:57 am

My Kindergarten teacher was pretty stupid, but I remember very little of what she did considering that I’m in my 20s now. I had one teacher in 7th grade (I was in a program for students with AS/HFA that year) who refused to take me and a couple classmates out to the swings (one of my favorite de-stressers back in the day) because it was cloudy and “could rain any moment”, even though it wasn’t raining at all at the time.

Sometimes I feel like the only reason most people go into education is so they can go on a power trip over helpless children.

#palestinianlivesmatter

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 2:23 pm

Zakatar wrote:
Sometimes I feel like the only reason most people go into education is so they can go on a power trip over helpless children.

I was convinced of that at like five years old. I'm 32 now and am still convinced. I never went to a traditional high school, but my ex boyfriend did and everyday I was hearing horror stories about the teacher's emotional abuse. I even called a few local advocacy groups to help him out but it was in the boonies so there weren't many. His parents didn't care at all.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2019, 2:41 pm

The teacher who demanded that I show my work on every math problem, and marked off half a point for each answer where I didn't. I started turning in math homework with only the answers and received an 'F' on every one. It didn't matter that all of the answer were correct. She just wanted to impose another task to keep us busy. Eventually the principal put a stop to it, and so the teacher started marking my math homework down for poor penmanship. Then I started typing the answers. Then she marked it down for being copied and accused me of cheating. I told her that I could prove that I did not need to cheat -- just give me the final exam, watch me write down the answers, and if I score better than 95%, I passed the entire course and didn't have to attend her class any more. The principal got involved, and I ended up with 2 teachers and the principal watching me take the test.

I scored 296 out of 300. That's 98.7% (rounded to 3 significant digits).

I never had to attend her class again.

She started working in another school district the following year.

:lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 5:28 pm

crack4sure wrote:
I had a substitute teacher in the 2nd grade give me recess detention because my feet were not planted firmly on the ground, but at that age my legs weren't long enough for my heel to touch the ground while sitting in my desk. She ended up giving the entire class detention, which made the principal come down and say she couldn't do that.

Mod Note to posters and other members

Please don't click on the spam signature which is in the post of the above member, below the post. Not just because this is against the spamming rules and the signature rules - a more pressing reason is that some spammers use bait scam to spread malware. Please don't click out of curiosity about this.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2019, 8:31 am

One time when I was 15 I was sitting in class and the girl behind me asked me something but I didn't hear what she said (this girl didn't like me much). Then she muttered, "b***h!" and the teacher burst out laughing and thought it was hilarious that this girl had called me a b***h. I don't think that was very professional for a teacher to laugh at something like that.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2019, 11:38 pm

Didn't happen to me as I'm quite lucky to have nice teachers at the very least. I have a friend with several invisible disabilities, some of which really make her life hard and the treatment she has gotten on the other hand....

It seems many of her teachers have made comments about her faking her disabilities even though everything is backed up and on record. Basically, she can hallucinate when she sees certain things, can suddenly be very sensitive to light, has very bad chronic pain and dyslexia. One teacher even said in front of the class she should go into acting. In general her bad teachers are awful, sabotage her and refuse to recognise her as a smart but struggling student, often bullying her in front of other students who in turn then take on the beliefs of the teacher. She is an amazing person but I think because she is quite unusual, responses to her seem to be polarised.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2019, 11:57 pm

I had a teacher who said Australia was discovered by the Spanish in 1598. She said the early name of Australia was Terra Australis, meaning terrible place. She said Terra means terrible and Australis means place.