Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Featherways
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Feb 2010, 9:31 am

If I know it's going to happen, and it's from a safe person, and it's either very gentle overall pressure or repetitive gentle touch, it's great. Unexpected touch is like being given an electric shock.

Descartes30
Toucan
Toucan

09 Feb 2010, 10:17 am

I'm offended to be touched by any male and a female that I do not trust or have romantic feelings for, including anyone I'm related to such as parents and siblings. But if I trust a woman and have feelings for her, I am completely the opposite and being touched is both very much desired, and I can't get enough of it. Cuddling and hugging and just having contact such as holding hands... those are the things that stay with me in my memories long after I have no longer seen that woman. I also like holding young babies, they are just so soft and cuddly.

Somewhat related, I cannot stand to be touched by any animal, especially dogs. That is worse than almost anything.

Touch is obviously a very polarizing thing for me. :oops:

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 1:49 pm

Descartes30 wrote:
IBut if I trust a woman and have feelings for her, I am completely the opposite and being touched is both very much desired, and I can't get enough of it. Cuddling and hugging and just having contact such as holding hands... those are the things that stay with me in my memories long after I have no longer seen that woman. I also like holding young babies, they are just so soft and cuddly.

Somewhat related, I cannot stand to be touched by any animal, especially dogs. That is worse than almost anything.

Touch is obviously a very polarizing thing for me. :oops:

I'm quite the opposite. I can't stand touching people or being touched by them. Yech. I suppose it must have something that people carry germs, but yet, ironically, I love to touch animals. Especially cats and horses. I love to stroke them, cuddle them, hold them, kiss them. I love the texture of their fur. I can't stand human hair or skin, though. Especially not skin.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 3:39 pm

I can 'hug people" but i cannot stand being hugged. I do not like being touched and I have fairly severe SPD and wear ear plugs and sunglasses ALL the time. The sunlight hurts terribly - a great pain on the spherical surface of my outer eyes. I hurts a lot.

Soft touch makes me nauseous and queazy and my need for space and distance from others is pronounced.

I also feel as if people are touching me even when they are a foot away.
I once remember LabPet explain it as autistics "blurring at the edges of things" and i found that to be accurate in my presentation.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 4:12 pm

I don't like being touched at all but im fine with cuddles though.

chrisb12416
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2010, 5:08 pm

Being touched really doesn't seem to bother me, although I'm not a fan of being touched with cold hands. Feels very irritant.

Hello
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Feb 2010, 5:28 pm

The only person I really enjoy and love to hug and cuddle on is my niece.

When I was younger I had a huge problem with being touched, I hated it and was so paranoid people would make fun of me for it. Now that I know about AS I think maybe it's a trait of this but also I know my problem with touch is due to some violence I have experienced. This strong feeling only went away last year..I think because I trained myself to just grow up and get over it or something. I'm still not fully comfortable with people touching. I know this one guy who KNOWS I hate when he touches me and I've told him and gotten angry before, but everytime he sees me he sneaks up behind me and massages my shoulders or something. I used to freak out but now I've kind of learned to just play along and act like it doesn't bother me so he'll quit.

I find hugging strangers very awkward, and I don't like when people hug me to comfort me or anything. Makes me feel weak and foolish to have people fuss over me like that. I find the older I get the more people touching me doesn't bother me as bad and I hope someday I am able to really connect with somebody and be able to let someone be close enough to me to so I can enjoy hugging and stuff.

I kind of like when people touch my shoulders or pat my shoulder though to show emotions now, not sure why. I guess I am so used to creeping people out and having people not want to be around me that sometimes even a small touch can feel nice.

A very odd thing..sometimes I feel emotions strongly and I have been known to invade peoples space to hug THEM if I feel they need a hug bad enough. I suppose I'm okay if I am initiating it.

TheLogicStick
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Feb 2010, 12:57 pm

PlatedDrake wrote:
Same, cant stand being touched on my neck or back.

Wow, me too. I assume it's a control issue...

Touch in general is weird for me - I can't see the line between sexual and friendly.

idiocratik
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2010, 8:59 pm

If I'm not expecting it, I certainly don't like it, and I don't like when someone I don't know decides that they want to hug me.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2010, 11:23 pm

BoringAaron wrote:
tinky wrote:
i rub off the part where someone touches me if it's done without my permission.

yeah, it feels like there's some kind of residue on you on where they touched, right? or if somebody touches me on one side, but not the other, that can annoy me if i let it.

exactly. i like to even out both sides as well. i try not to think about it too much though.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

dontcry
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Feb 2010, 3:58 pm

Yeah i know what you mean.
I had this boyfriend who thought I didn't like him anymore because whenever he tried to cuddle me I would try to move away.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2010, 7:45 pm

Not really, but when someone pokes/taps me on the back, it irritates me and when this happens I tend to flinch. This happened at work recently and the co-worker said: "What's wrong?! I was only..." So yeah.

millie wrote:
i cannot stand being hugged

Again not a problem but my ex-girlfriend would go overboard with it, when she hugged me she was crushing me. It wasn't sensory issues, she was causing me pain.

BoringAaron
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Feb 2010, 10:02 pm

yeah, some people just don't know how to hug.

idiocratik
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2010, 12:06 am

I once worked with a girl at an FYE (the three months I was there until they fired me) who would hug me every time I came to work. One day I finally yelled at her to stop.

idiocratik
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2010, 12:23 am

Brain clue may explain why some autistics avoid hugs
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8511100.stm

BLK95TA
Raven
Raven

12 Feb 2010, 2:57 pm

I have never liked being touched. i never knew why, i just know i don't like crowds and physical contact.