Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

maleb
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Feb 2010, 12:31 am

and found out I'm asperger! Yeah, ok, well maybe it's been about a 6 month journey now to finally figure out that I haven't been just a mixed up, socially ret*d, weirdo all my life for nothing.

So how's it make me feel. F'n angry, sad, confused, hurt, enlightened, privlidged and perspicacious, all at the same time! WTF, I'm 36 and it takes me this long to figure this all out? This is BS, I want to help my 5 yr old daughter (who I see sooo much of me in) not have to go through life trying to understand who she is and why the hell she can't keep a date, why the hell people think she's strange, why the hell she gets picked on at school, why the hell people just don't seem to understand the depth of her persona, why the hell is she getting divorced, why the hell she just doesn't feel like she fits in!

I've struggled all my life to understand what I was doing wrong, why people reacted differently towards me, why... why... why... why... why...

Ahh, that felt liberating! Hi I'm Marc, and I'm not sure what it takes to be officially diagnosed, but I have been researching and reading and speaking to a few therapists who all say that I reflect common characteristics of a person with aspergers. Socially challenged, but born with good looks so I usually don't have to do a lot of talking - lol.

Anyway, happy to find that there is a site dedicated to bringing such folks together and helping me string together a new understanding of me.

alex
Developer
Developer

09 Feb 2010, 1:04 am

welcome to wp. im glad youve finally figured things out! :alien:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 1:25 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 1:29 am

Hi, Welcome to WrongPlanet!! :)

danace2000
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Feb 2010, 6:58 am

maleb wrote:
and found out I'm asperger! Yeah, ok, well maybe it's been about a 6 month journey now to finally figure out that I haven't been just a mixed up, socially ret*d, weirdo all my life for nothing.

So how's it make me feel. F'n angry, sad, confused, hurt, enlightened, privlidged and perspicacious, all at the same time! WTF, I'm 36 and it takes me this long to figure this all out? This is BS, I want to help my 5 yr old daughter (who I see sooo much of me in) not have to go through life trying to understand who she is and why the hell she can't keep a date, why the hell people think she's strange, why the hell she gets picked on at school, why the hell people just don't seem to understand the depth of her persona, why the hell is she getting divorced, why the hell she just doesn't feel like she fits in!

I've struggled all my life to understand what I was doing wrong, why people reacted differently towards me, why... why... why... why... why...

Ahh, that felt liberating! Hi I'm Marc, and I'm not sure what it takes to be officially diagnosed, but I have been researching and reading and speaking to a few therapists who all say that I reflect common characteristics of a person with aspergers. Socially challenged, but born with good looks so I usually don't have to do a lot of talking - lol.

Anyway, happy to find that there is a site dedicated to bringing such folks together and helping me string together a new understanding of me.

I am in the same situation, I discovered all about AS last year after looking into my 5 yr old sons traits and then answering all the questions myself and breaking down after finding a possible answer at 32 yrs of age.

Jpeg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Feb 2010, 3:47 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 10:03 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet. :)

Botti
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 10:04 pm

Hello :)

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2010, 4:53 pm

Hello Marc, welcome, enjoy your stay on the Wrong Planet!

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Feb 2010, 5:03 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image