Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Future_Perfect
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2012, 12:03 pm

I am in a similar boat. I quit my computer science course because I was uncomfortable dealing with all the people there, and now I am really struggling to find work. Even cleaning and factory jobs seem to require experience, and there are experienced people out there. So why hire me? I have neither experience nor qualifications.

Perhaps voluntary work may be the way to go, but I was actually turned down for voluntary work due to lack of experience.

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Sep 2012, 11:38 pm

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
Here wrote:
Any recommedations for reputable online study schools offering Internet design/development certifications (some online schools have come under negative press)?

My experience can be described as a Internet Librarian who spots emerging social and business-related trends.

Certification relating to Internet design/development (I've heard the term 'Online Content Development') would add "hard skills" to my repertoire. An area related to Internet content development is Search Engine Optimatization also ties-in to Internet marketing is "a must" in quality certification studies.

Thank-you
The Open University, based in the UK, is a very reputable on-line school. They offer courses in all sorts of subjects. Here's a link to their undergraduate IT courses. http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergradu ... /index.htm You can do stand-alone courses, certificates, degrees and beyond.

Any recommednations for reputable online study schools in North America offering Internet design/development certifications?

Larsen80
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Sep 2012, 4:30 am

I don't mean to discourage you, but do not expect too much from som web design course. It could be an appertizer/eye-opener at best. The concept of "web design" is increasingly hard to define. 15 years ago it was a more engineering-like trade, similar to constructing a house: first you learn to master a certain set of tools and then you apply them. That and an artistic touch of course. Currently so much of the Internet consists of content management systems (CMS) and content providers that 'anyone' can master just by having a certain passion for whatever project they are working one. You must pocess a basic interest and need for web development and then locate the specific areas at which you need education.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 1:14 pm

Here wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
Here wrote:
Any recommedations for reputable online study schools offering Internet design/development certifications (some online schools have come under negative press)?

My experience can be described as a Internet Librarian who spots emerging social and business-related trends.

Certification relating to Internet design/development (I've heard the term 'Online Content Development') would add "hard skills" to my repertoire. An area related to Internet content development is Search Engine Optimatization also ties-in to Internet marketing is "a must" in quality certification studies.

Thank-you
The Open University, based in the UK, is a very reputable on-line school. They offer courses in all sorts of subjects. Here's a link to their undergraduate IT courses. http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergradu ... /index.htm You can do stand-alone courses, certificates, degrees and beyond.

Any recommednations for reputable online study schools in North America offering Internet design/development certifications?
You can study with the OU, anywhere in the world.