Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2010, 3:09 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8511316.stm

MorbidMiss
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2010, 4:47 pm

I had a nephew that drank bleach even though he was told not to, his mother moved it to the top of the fridge to get it out of sight instead of locking it up somewhere... He just climbed up and poured a whole glass. Did not die, but someone caught him mid gulp.

His grandmother thought he could have AS after we found out that my oldest has it, but I do not think that child's IQ was high enough personally. There was a lot wrong with him, just not AS I don't think. As far as I know he is still alive, but he got into some bad trouble and is no longer with the family.

The point of all that craptastic rambling... um yeah, sometimes kids do dumb things. It might not have been that the mother "fed" him the bleach. I say might because with that tiny article it is hard to say and it really seems like it could be a 50/50 chance with that amount of information.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2010, 6:04 pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaki ... 5829505354

google leads to this one, which says that the "Police are investigating reports the dead child was given bleach after his mother said it was medicine."

MorbidMiss
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2010, 6:55 pm

You know, this is going to be a very unpopular opinion... but I think that all of these cases of women killing their children, or becoming peds is because of the fact that the ability to nurture and be empathetic is no longer prized in a female mate like it used to be. I think it is slowly being bred out.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2010, 11:31 pm

MorbidMiss wrote:
I had a nephew that drank bleach even though he was told not to, his mother moved it to the top of the fridge to get it out of sight instead of locking it up somewhere... He just climbed up and poured a whole glass. Did not die, but someone caught him mid gulp.

His grandmother thought he could have AS after we found out that my oldest has it, but I do not think that child's IQ was high enough personally. There was a lot wrong with him, just not AS I don't think. As far as I know he is still alive, but he got into some bad trouble and is no longer with the family.

The point of all that craptastic rambling... um yeah, sometimes kids do dumb things. It might not have been that the mother "fed" him the bleach. I say might because with that tiny article it is hard to say and it really seems like it could be a 50/50 chance with that amount of information.

My ex found out the hard way that bleach had to be kept out of reach of his grandpa with Alzheimer's because he drank bleach once. What happened was that he thought it was milk because the bottle was white. Fortunately, my ex caught him in mid gulp so no damage was done. The bleach and other chemicals were immediately moved and put in a cabinet with a child lock on it. This was a purely accidental thing, as nobody had known his Alzheimer's had gotten that bad. This was about 9 years ago, and my ex's grandpa was already in his 80's, so my guess is that he eventually passed away, as people with Alzheimer's usually live 10 years after the diagnosis.