Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

typhoeuszombie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Mar 2019, 10:39 pm

I have actually encountered the opposite. Don't know about relationships because I have never been able to get in one but if there is one thing I have learned, it is that all people have different experiences with people of all walks. If you go on in life assuming this is how all male and female aspies think then you will get a rude awakening one day when you come across the opposite. As someone else put it I must be more female if this is the case because I am extremely loyal and know to keep a secret because one of my golden rules is to respect privacy and I don't break my own rules. Usually, if there is a secret I forget though lol.

In conclusion, I don't believe gender determines personality overall but people in different locations experience different people of all kinds. I was once told by a coworker that the world would be a better place if there were more people like me when she saw all the abuse I got from my coworkers for being too smart yet I was still as nice as I could be. I was even threatened with violence multiple times over it.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 12:04 pm

I only know a couple aspies irl and not well enough to include them in this so I'll just speak for myself. I'm very loyal and I used to be very forgiving, to a fault. This used to get me hurt often because I was more naive when I was younger. I thought people would treat me the way I treated them. Now I know you can't expect people to do for them what you would do or be loyal because you are. But if you find someone that is (loyal for the right reasons, with balance) , that's great.

Now I'm still loyal but I feel like my sense of forgiveness is much more balanced. Also I have to say that being loyal, clingy, and forgiving are related but not the same thing.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Mar 2019, 7:26 pm

I'm an Aspie guy who's loyal to a fault & it screwed me over in work & romantic relationships. I'm also pretty good at keeping secrets if I know to keep them secret. My 2nd & current girlfriend are both Aspies & my 2nd girlfriend was good at keeping secrets but she wasn't that loyal with taking our realtionship seriously. Everything had to be on her terms & she dumped me 1ce there were some problems cuz her parents wanted our relationship on their terms while she was in college. My current girlfriend is pretty loyal with our romantic relationship except she doesn't keep secrets with her family & tells them everything 1ce they start talking about stuff. She doesn't tell anyone outside of family very personal stuff about me but she doesn't have any friends but neither do I.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 7:49 pm

You can't measure loyalty

Take a representative sample

Having said that, in the past, in was wrong for being way too loyal to previous lil "friends"

And I passive aggressively tolerated whatever the f**k they did

Amy lee scheel b***h

They (plural) had the nerve to tell me that she would tell me when I did something she did not like, and she expected me to change, immediately permanently drastically cheerfully

While when I pointed out something she did not like, "people do it all the time"

"Don't like" sounds like a control freak

That lil dipshit truly believed that she was perfect

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 8:25 pm

dtoxic wrote:
utherdoul wrote:
speaking for myself I'm very loyal until I'm given a reason not to be. In which case I tend to snap back hard.

+1

Same here.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 8:37 pm

I am very loyal to beloved family members and pets, but my loyalty is pretty much non-existent with anyone else. It'd be instantly gone and I would drop anyone the moment they did something against me/mine, or failed me/them. I have no loyalty or time for those who aren't worth it, even if I was close to them at some point.
Life's too short.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 9:11 pm

Usually I was loyal to them because going from one to zero friends is worse than 100 to ninety nine

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 9:55 am

It depends on the Aspie, frankly.

I'm loyal---but not to the point where I would back a person on every occasion. Right is right. Wrong is wrong.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 11:05 am

I'm very loyal to those who earn my loyalty.