Anyone else hate being slow?

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

01 Nov 2012, 9:05 pm

I tend to be fast; but I am a slow learner, I admit.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 11:23 pm

c0bo wrote:
I'm sorry if I'm opening a old thread but yes I hate being slow and clumsy. I'm not fast at anything I do. I feel like I'm stupid and I'm not worth anything.

but remember you're among friends now. :) you are worth just as much [are just as much a child of god] as any other human being! :idea:

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2012, 4:54 am

Yes, I hate being slow, it has made my life a misery.

My movements and speech were always so much slower than other people's when I was younger. Nowadays I don't think there is so much of a difference, but back at school I couldn't join in with any activities, people would talk over me as they got sick of waiting for me to finish a sentence, and adults would get exasperated with me as they thought I was putting it on to be difficult (as they thought there couldn't be anything wrong with me as I was doing so well academically). Goes without saying I was called by the R-word more often than by my name.

Now I find it is my thought processes that are slow rather than my physical movements. If I'm listening to a lecture etc. I always understand it, but it takes me time to process everything I have heard. I get picked on for not contributing to the discussion at the end, but all the information hasn't filtered through by then, and if I could come back in a few hours and ask questions, I'd have things to ask. Same as in conversations, I find I think of something to say or ask after the subject has moved on, so I don't get the chance.

Everyone thinks I'm stupid, and TBH it's easier to let them think that rather than trying to explain.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2012, 3:52 pm

I often liken myself (usually when it comes to thinking or work quality) to a semi truck compared to a sports car. The sports car may be fast and responsive, zipping around me and laughing, but I'm handling a HECKuva lot more load than they ever could.

In the workplace, I'm usually slower but doing a far higher quality of work than the crap my workmates usually put out. My customers love me for actually giving a damn about their problems and doing everything needed to fix them. But management can't judge quality on paper, only call times, etc. :evil:

Cuckooflower
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Nov 2012, 7:31 pm

Yeah, I hate it. It makes me feel like a stupid child

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 1:00 am

Nushidorei wrote:
That's pretty cool, enjoyed reading that.

thanx, glad you appreciated it, Nushidorei :)
btw, welcome to our cool club 8)

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Nov 2012, 8:21 pm

Watilla wrote:
sketches wrote:
I don't hate being slow; I despise being judged from being slow.

I can relate to not catching onto things until later. I enjoy taking my time. It's a struggle at work when I'm slow to understand something. Luckily nobody makes fun of me with regards to it, but my boss (and ONLY this one boss) judges me, yells at me, and punishes me for it. Luckily, at school, my teachers can help me individually and they are very understanding.

I am not compatible with such quick-paced people as my boss.

I can relate, too, and the bolded parts is how I feel about it.

Pretty much.....I hate being judged for picking up things slowly, or doing things at my own pace, and I'd say it would be cool to catch onto things quicker. I'm just happy that tyhere's a name for all this.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 9:36 pm

Everyone thinks I am a clumsy ret*d and they get upset when I tell them that I am a genius.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 11:27 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
Everyone thinks I am a clumsy ret*d and they get upset when I tell them that I am a genius.

a surprising number of people have told me they see me as a genius and then got upset when i told them i'm really a clumsy ret*d. :scratch:

LaneS
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Nov 2012, 5:04 am

or getting fired from work for not thinking and doing something you weren't supposed to because you didn't think or remember before doing it... Like me ;_;

Ryvandur
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Nov 2012, 4:27 pm

I hate how stupid I was as a kid. I was always behind on everything. I didn't learn to make true friends until I was halfway through high school, and I didn't get my first job until a year after I graduated (then again, the economy is partially to blame for that). I started picking up the pace around age 17, when I began pondering life and realizing everything I missed out on. To this day, it still feels like most people I know think I'm an idiot, so apparently I'm still behind on a few things.

osirisgothra
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Mar 2023, 1:37 pm

want to see slow? how about how long it took for me to post here... >10 years lol

I am so slow that turtles look blurry as they pass me

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2023, 5:51 pm

osirisgothra wrote:
want to see slow? how about how long it took for me to post here... >10 years lol I am so slow that turtles look blurry as they pass me

very entertaining and welcome to our club 8) did you know that Debussy composed a tune supposedly slower than any other, he called it "le plus que lente" (slower than slow).

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 3:47 am

I am very slow socially most of the time but if something really grabs my attention then I'm there 100% which makes me think I am not autistic but just have severe ADHD-Inattentive type.

I'm better at communicating online than verbally where words just seem like a blur much of the time. I got into one of the top classes at Grammar school and worked in electronics repairing mobile phones and radio equipment for a couple of years but have struggled most of the time since except when I did weed spraying for the council on a quad bike where once I got going was good but had 3 road accidents and ended up walking out when the workload got on top of me and wrecked the quad bike by forgetting to put oil in the gearbox lol.

I'm still hoping I can sort out my drinking and get trained up in something new with one of the new UK government 'returnships' or skills boot camps for over 50s and get my drivers licence back. (need 6 months off the booze and a positive blood test for that..)

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 4:10 am

Quote:
Anyone else hate being slow?

:chin:
Yes... 8)