Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

dmaher
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Feb 2010, 10:05 am

I don't know how things are in the rest of the UK, but in my area free legal advice has been severly cut back. I can only find one place in Norfolk (it borders Suffolk) and that is 'LAW FOR ALL' which has an office in Thetford. The 'LAW FOR ALL' organisation has more branches, so I presume it can offer help in other parts of the country, although I hope they are better served, especially in the area of legal advice for disabled people who may well be on benefits. The number that I was given for 'LAW FOR ALL' is 01223 345700, although if this is a local branch, I am sure they can advise anyone of their central phone number. They do not give e-mail addresses, except for clients. I hope this is of help to somebody.

Thanks
D Maher

dmaher
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Dec 2010, 6:53 am

I would not recommend the above service at all having used it. The above message cannot be deleted due to being on the forum too long, but I would everyone to ignore the above message and contact the actual Law Service to get a proper qualified solicitor, not some 'micky mouse' service. Sometimes if you contact Law Centres in other parts of the country, you will find a real solicitor who will answer a legal question, even if you are not in their area, but you will have to do a lot of searching. Lawyers are supposed to belong to the BAR Association ( I think that is how it is spelt), check them thoroughly before hand.