Page 4 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

tinmaiden
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2010, 4:16 am

I think I look odd in my photos, but I think it's just the fact that it's ME and I'm used to seeing a "reversed" image, seeing myself every day in a mirror.

I think it's similar to the phenomenon of hearing a recording of your voice and thinking it sounds funny.

-Fyodor Dostoevsky

Agnieszka
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 6:38 am

There are very few pictures of me I like. I look odd to myself, others usually think am normal (not that I asked many, just listened to what some family members say about me on the pictures, that's all). I don't know what face to make before a camera, I can't be a model. I've noticed, that some pictures taken of me when I wasn't aware of being photographed are better than those when I "smile" to the camera. Anyway I hate being photographed!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 6:46 am

alana wrote:
I am the most horribly unphotogenic person on the face of the earth. I have taken about three good photos in my life. I am actually decent looking, but I hate the way I look in pictures. I always have a weird expression, or at least most of the time.

why not share a photo?

Whisper
Toucan
Toucan

20 Mar 2010, 7:28 am

Kalikimaka wrote:
I think my "normal" grin makes me look too dopey and naive

This pretty much sums it up for me, too. I find it very hard to pose for photographs and give the right expression.

ASgirl
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Mar 2010, 1:32 pm

not only do i have poor eye contact with people, i find looking straight into the camera rather hard too. so i tend to look away from it. most pictures only capture my profile!

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 1:53 pm

If there's one thing I hate the most is being photographed! i used to run away when I was a child, they had to chase me with the camera.

So yes, i reckon that when (if) they actually managed to caught me, I looked rather odd on them. :)

Last edited by Booyakasha on 21 Mar 2010, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postures
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2010, 8:23 am

alana wrote:
I am the most horribly unphotogenic person on the face of the earth. I have taken about three good photos in my life. I am actually decent looking, but I hate the way I look in pictures. I always have a weird expression, or at least most of the time.

QFT. I always look deformed in my pictures.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2010, 11:21 am

Hope the photos arent too large, i chose medium sized on all of them on flickr  

I used to be either pretty or cute as a kid. So that an expressionless face like this:

still looked good. Even my lifelong default facial expression:

didn't look too weird. My mom was a photography hobbyist and did really well at shooting candid photos at just the right moment for a genuine facial expression to show:

I did eventually develop a decent smile-on-demand. 

Although I don't generally like non-candid smiling photos. But as I got older my default facial expression began to look fairly weird, and I had more trouble due to a movement disorder with doing smile-on-demand. 

And as an adult (and a fat one at that) my exact same default expression looks even weirder. And I no longer even try to smile on demand because the results are usually unpleasant and because I am old enough to know I have a choice (I was a very passive child). 

DavidM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2010, 11:52 am

I look like a sexy young fellow in my pix. :farao:

Postures
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2010, 11:55 am

DavidM wrote:
I look like a sexy young fellow in my pix. :farao:

Tutankhamun? 8O

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2010, 3:15 pm

Yeah, I always look so awkward and uncomfortable. I never look like I want to smile. When people ask for pics I will take about forty, and out of those forty, there are none that I feel comfortable sending. :(

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2010, 3:41 pm

In my passport/work ID photo's I allegedly look angry or like im about to kill someone or some kind of convict. I don't know what makes people say that as I can't see what there going on about personally. I just look like someone stuck in a small cramp passport photo station with better things to do.

Passport Pic