Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Omerik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Feb 2010, 1:25 pm

Feeling something isn't "in place". Considered OCD, but later on I discovered I'm AS - do people who are not autistic experience this as well?

Do you know what I mean?

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 2:15 pm

kinda...

You may need to elaborate.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 2:19 pm

do u mean when u feel a prescense is around u, that type of 6th sense? if so i think that is common among spectrummers, for me i know it is, may be diff for others

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 2:29 pm

I believe that it is because we don't process changes as smoothly and rapidly as the NT brain, that we often tend to obsess over things being a specific way and keep to rigid routines, thus we have fewer incoming environmental sensory signals to juggle at any given moment. Therefore something being 'out of place' would tend to register as somewhat stressful, even before we zero in on just what that thing is.

Or you may be referring to something else entirely. :?

redwulf25_ci
Toucan
Toucan

17 Feb 2010, 3:12 pm

Back when I used to play magic the gathering I was able to pick up my deck and tell it was short on cards when it was missing only one card. Is this the sort of thing you're thinking of?

Uranus
Toucan
Toucan

17 Feb 2010, 3:18 pm

Omerik wrote:
Feeling something isn't "in place". Considered OCD, but later on I discovered I'm AS - do people who are not autistic experience this as well?

Do you know what I mean?

Yes, both physically and mentally.

Physically: In that i don't know where to put my arms or feet sometimes. Mentally as if there is something missing. Like I had forgot the other half of my brain today. I later found out that this was my brain shutting down due to too much sensory overload, or, not enough sleep in a dark room (i now use extra thick curtains to block the light in the morning).

willmark
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 4:14 pm

I'm not autistic, but I need a little more to go on. Of course I don't consider myself to be a typical NT either, so I may not be much help to you.

Francis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 7:51 pm

Omerik wrote:

Do you know what I mean?

No. Something isn't in place with yourself? something isn't in place in the world, universe,? psychic powers? Your not living in the right place?

Please elaborate.