Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

csimon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Feb 2010, 7:40 pm

How do you define 6th sense? As ESP, Imagination, and/or other?

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 7:57 pm

A combination of experiences and imagination.

My oppinion of course.

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 8:21 pm

A 'tumor' of extremely dense brain tissue that gives a person the ability to see things before they happen. (wonder if anyone will get that)

But they do not have me

redwulf25_ci
Toucan
Toucan

17 Feb 2010, 9:55 pm

Apera wrote:
A 'tumor' of extremely dense brain tissue that gives a person the ability to see things before they happen. (wonder if anyone will get that)

I thought it was when you got treated by a dead psychiatrist.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2010, 1:31 am

I was making oatmeal for breakfast today and for some reason thought of my landlord. I munched on a banana I was cutting up into the oatmeal and saw his face so clear in my mind. The oatmeal was too hot, so I put it on the counter to cool and just grabbed the peel and the trash bag and walked out the door to take out the garbage and ran right into him coming up the walk.

I was in 3rd grade doing my spelling test when I thought about my mother. It was so vivid in my mind and she was angry and shouting and I was terrified. I went home and she had pulled out my bed and gone postal over her dishes and sissors and well. . .junk under there. I was definately in trouble and it had been months since she had even bothered me about not putting things under there.

I can pretty well tell who is calling on the phone. It is like I feel a breeze on my face and I know who it is calling, like I can 'smell' them or 'feel' them. Humn. .. "sense" them
with some sense I don't know what it would be called.

I could give examples all night, actually. I am not too sure what 'good' it does me, but I have learned to 'listen' to it. I have avoided accidents and other unpleasantness when I do. I have also kicked myself quite a few times because I have ignored it, too.

Merle

BoringAaron
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Feb 2010, 1:55 am

Seeing a little bit into the future is a lot easier and more common than people think. Time acts like water. Study the flow of water in a river and you'll understand how the future can be seen.

EquiisSavant
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Feb 2010, 3:22 am

I'm an Autistic savant. I do have hyperacute pattern recognition abilities for finding right answers and spotting things amiss, also a sixth sense kind of predictive ability that is almost always 100 % accurate. I do have some ESP ability as well that I cannot usually call up but comes to me, for just one example, a sudden feeling someone was in the process of dying followed by a truck coming out of nowhere I could neither have seen nor heard beforehand, that pursued at speeds up to 80 mph on a Country road. It would be impossible for it to be a temporal lobe syndrome, since I get a vision of it just before something real and factual actually happens. I understand, however, these abilities have been medically documented to occur in Autistic savants. Can I explain it ? No. Do I have these abilities ? Yes.

Vanilla_Slice
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2010, 11:07 am

The Sunday that Diana, Princess of Wales died I woke up and thought 'there's something wrong, I'll turn on the TV and see what's happening'.

A number of times I've seen something in the TV program guide such as Mythbusters and thought 'bet that's the episode about X (where X can be any episode of interest) and I've been right.

Twice I've known about getting fired from work before it happened, in one case the night before, yet nobody told me about it.

Vanilla_Slice

alana
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2010, 4:16 pm

Quote:
I thought it was when you got treated by a dead psychiatrist.

that is hysterical.... :)

It's something that keys you into the superstrings or something. Like I think some people have perfect pitch and they can detect the frequency of musical notes, people with abilities like this have better pitch than most of us at detecting the 'resonance' or characteristics of different dimensions.

I have remnants of it from childhood...I did everything in my power to squash it in myself. I don't think I was ever full-on psychic but I had some experiences and now when it tries to come back I have panic attacks. I don't know what happened...I'm all for self-knowledge but when it comes to this I don't ever want to relive it and I'd just as soon it stay forgotten. I watch that show 'psychic kids' and I am blown away by how brave these kids are to live like that every day. I can't do it at 40, the whole topic is terrifying to me.

iquanyin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2010, 6:47 pm

pretty much the same as sinsboldly

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2010, 7:28 pm

csimon wrote:
How do you define 6th sense? As ESP, Imagination, and/or other?

Proprioception. That's just my personal pick, we have many senses.

The year is still young.

subliculous
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Feb 2010, 7:47 pm

i was watching Jeopardy! one day and the final Jeopardy category was "islands". before they went to the commercials, i thought, "St Helena". the answer (or question in this case) indeed turned out to be "what is St Helena".

this is only one, really specific example of the clairvoyance events i've had.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 12:54 am

EquiisSavant wrote:
I'm an Autistic savant. I do have hyperacute pattern recognition abilities for finding right answers and spotting things amiss, also a sixth sense kind of predictive ability that is almost always 100 % accurate. I do have some ESP ability as well that I cannot usually call up but comes to me, for just one example, a sudden feeling someone was in the process of dying followed by a truck coming out of nowhere I could neither have seen nor heard beforehand, that pursued at speeds up to 80 mph on a Country road. It would be impossible for it to be a temporal lobe syndrome, since I get a vision of it just before something real and factual actually happens. I understand, however, these abilities have been medically documented to occur in Autistic savants. Can I explain it ? No. Do I have these abilities ? Yes.

hi EquiisSavant, i know what you mean by getting a vision of it before it happens, it's like smelling bread baking on the air, you just know what it is that is going to happen. I cna't bring it on, it just comes. I don't know what other people or doctors call it, but I used to think that everyone was like me.

Merle

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 1:20 am

subliculous wrote:
i was watching Jeopardy! one day and the final Jeopardy category was "islands". before they went to the commercials, i thought, "St Helena". the answer (or question in this case) indeed turned out to be "what is St Helena".

i recognize that too, subliculous, and sometimes I will catch a rerun of a tv show I rarely watch and it will be the same episode again and again, months apart, but that one is the only episode I catch.

Irisrises
Toucan
Toucan

20 Feb 2010, 9:15 am

The sixth sense is when you have access to information that does not exist in your material existence.

Mostly the information I get is very practical and relates to my own existence. Big things and small things. It's not dramatic, it's very lowkey. It's not always easy to understand, but it's always easier to understand than other people, hence I do tend to rely on it too much. I can ask people until I'm blue in the face to be straighforward when they talk to me, but they'll still throw riddles at me. So I hide in bewilderment and that's the way it goes.

Whatsherhame
Toucan
Toucan

20 Feb 2010, 9:56 am

Sometimes I'll have dreams where I am doing very specific things and talking to very specific people, sometimes people I've never even met before. About two weeks later, the same things that happened in the dreams will happen to me in real life. It's never anything big like a surprise exam or a natural disaster, and I'm glad it's not. That would be horrible, not to mention nobody would believe me like how a lot of you probably don't believe me now. It doesn't happen much, last year I had six of them, and they're pretty random so I don't rely on them a whole lot. Though I did have a strange experience with the 2004(or was it 5?) tsunami. 8O