How and how not to make simple websites

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Young_fogey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Mar 2006, 8:08 pm

I just rehabbed a six-year-old page and admit the concept (list o’links) is outdated but in spite of that lots of people still read it. So I improved the art and design but with the main focus on readability.

Someday I'll have to learn PHP so such lists can be generated only on demand.

How not to make a page: from 1999 and does it look it! Actually the layout is readable. He just needs to lose the sucky background and - gack! - animated GIFs (rivalling blink and marquee in naffness), and fix the graphic size for the counter.

When I first got started I was almost that bad.

k96822
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2006, 11:13 pm

Young_fogey wrote:
I just rehabbed a six-year-old page and admit the concept (list o’links) is outdated but in spite of that lots of people still read it. So I improved the art and design but with the main focus on readability.

Someday I'll have to learn PHP so such lists can be generated only on demand.

How not to make a page: from 1999 and does it look it! Actually the layout is readable. He just needs to lose the sucky background and - gack! - animated GIFs (rivalling blink and marquee in naffness), and fix the graphic size for the counter.

When I first got started I was almost that bad.

Beautiful! As a representative of the high-res display club, I thank you for the readable font size. It drives me nuts how so many sites have this little teeeeeny font that I can't up in size. Great job!

Astreja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Mar 2006, 4:20 am

The newer version has a lot of visual appeal and a colour scheme that's easy on the eyes. Very nice job.