Page 2 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Have you ever felt Alien? (Autistic people)
No 14%  14%  [ 16 ]
Yes 27%  27%  [ 31 ]
Sometimes 30%  30%  [ 34 ]
Always 28%  28%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 113

Robin_Hood
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2010, 7:30 am

Quote:
Thirdly; the sheer probability of it all is incomprehensibly low. First: you have to have life on other planets. We have observed many planets and so far have not seen any signs that would indicate life. Second: you have to have sentient life, capable of interstellar travel. Obviously, that's a little difficult to pull off.

I'm sorry but have you ever been to another planet yourself???? I'm guessing not!

I think there are a lot of things that we don't really know about in this world and the universe. After all it wasn't that long ago that people (including scientists) believed that the world was flat!! Let alone all the other ignorant perceptions of the world to date.

I guess you believe in global warming too?

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 7:32 am

No.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 9:15 am

Quote:
I am really from a planet of meerkats. Meerkats aren't really from earth, they are just smart enough to trick you silly humans into thinking they are. I was one of the meerkat scientists given human form so I could blend in and study the humans. Not a very bright bunch if you ask me. 2012 is when we meerkats are going to let everyone in our our plans.

My anscestors crossed a vast gulf between the stars, to get to this planet, and what do they get? Confused with cheap car insurance. For courageus meerkats, see comparethemeerkats.com. For cheap car insurance, visit comparethemarket.com.

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2010, 10:17 am

I think you could be right, at least to some degree. When I was younger I used to wonder if I was part faerie or something or I certainly didn't seem human. If you think of life like radio waves I feel like I am a different frequency too everyone else so we don't mix and I can only connect with other people in my range - other aspies. I'm not sure if that even makes sense now it's written down :?

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 10:18 am

We're not aliens.

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2010, 10:24 am

Maybe our minds are alien and our bodies are human remotes. Like an alien thought in a human brain.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 10:28 am

SplinterStar wrote:
Maybe our minds are alien and our bodies are human remotes. Like an alien thought in a human brain.

We're born from human vagina's.

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2010, 10:40 am

So? A thought is just an energy pulse in a brain. Who's to say it isn't transferable from one species to another?

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 10:52 am

SplinterStar wrote:
So? A thought is just an energy pulse in a brain. Who's to say it isn't transferable from one species to another?

You can't impregnate a cow or a pig if you're a human, so why aliens?

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2010, 11:03 am

Thought transferring has nothing to do with sex. I was just trying to crack a damn joke and you go and ruin my funny.

Ad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Feb 2010, 11:42 am

SplinterStar wrote:
Thought transferring has nothing to do with sex. I was just trying to crack a damn joke and you go and ruin my funny.

You're on a website for autistic people, we will obviously take it literally

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2010, 11:55 am

That sentence in itself is funny. :D Literal humor is even better!

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 12:10 pm

Robin_Hood wrote:
Quote:
Thirdly; the sheer probability of it all is incomprehensibly low. First: you have to have life on other planets. We have observed many planets and so far have not seen any signs that would indicate life. Second: you have to have sentient life, capable of interstellar travel. Obviously, that's a little difficult to pull off.

I'm sorry but have you ever been to another planet yourself???? I'm guessing not!

I think there are a lot of things that we don't really know about in this world and the universe. After all it wasn't that long ago that people (including scientists) believed that the world was flat!! Let alone all the other ignorant perceptions of the world to date.

I guess you believe in global warming too?

No, I have not personally been in space. However, I have also never personally been on a college football team, but I still know a huge amount of data and can make predictions based on that data (very well, too). I guess someone who may have a Ph.D. in astrobiology is also unqualified to talk about life on other planets since they've never been on another planet.

It wasn't that long ago that people believed the Earth was flat? Greek philosophers figured out that it was spherical over 2,400 years ago. If the B.C. era doesn't count as long ago, I don't know what does.

Take note of the fact that I never said "there is no other life in the universe." The universe is so incredibly vast that it is almost impossible that nowhere else has the conditions necessary for life. However, the probability that we ever find this life is incredibly low; this is also due to the universe's staggering size.

Why don't you try addressing my points instead of going off on tangents?

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 3:02 pm

Autumnsteps wrote:
I think you could be right, at least to some degree. When I was younger I used to wonder if I was part faerie or something or I certainly didn't seem human. If you think of life like radio waves I feel like I am a different frequency too everyone else so we don't mix and I can only connect with other people in my range - other aspies. I'm not sure if that even makes sense now it's written down :?

The Faerie are humans, just a subspecies. The rule is: if they can breed together and produce fertile offspring, they're the same species.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 3:03 pm

Magneto wrote:
Autumnsteps wrote:

The Faerie are humans, just a subspecies. The rule is: if they can breed together and produce fertile offspring, they're the same species.

Dream on, as I said before, we're born from human vagina's.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 4:31 pm

Robin_Hood wrote:
After all it wasn't that long ago that people (including scientists) believed that the world was flat!!

A great deal longer ago than you may be imagining. The idea of poor souls in the Middle Ages being scared of falling off the edge of the world is something of an urban myth. The Earth has been known to be round for at least two and a half thousand years, which is when the Greeks figured it out. Possibly longer, but as far as I know they were first.

On the other hand, continental drift was thought to be a lunatic idea until surprisingly recently, and I agree entirely that there are "more things in heaven and earth"; we don't know that there isn't some simple way to build a hyperspace drive that'll get us to Proxima in four minutes flat. However, based on the sum total of evidence we do have, it doesn't appear to be possible, and so any alien star-farers have an extremely difficult job on their hands. Tentacles. Beaks. Whatever. :wink:

The year is still young.