Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Tracker
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 9:04 pm

O, your right. I hadn't considered it being a problem with the voices being too loud. Does he seem to have very sensitive hearing, and if so have you tried ear muffs?

angelbear
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 9:27 pm

I haven't been able figure him out with regard to sound. If anything, I thought he was underreactive to sound. We had him on the beach for 4th of July for a couple of hours with fireworks and it didn't bother him. One time at home, the smoke alarm went off, and he said "I want to hear it again" For awhile, he could not stand to hear a baby cry, but he seems to have gotten over that. Lately though, he has been sticking his fingers in his ears to plug them, but it is mainly when he doesn't want to listen to what I am saying. LOL! He did seem a bit scared the other day at the park when we used a new bathroom. He did not like the fans that were in there. His teachers say that he gets distracted by others in the classroom. So in answer to your question, I am not sure how sensitive his ears are. He has never seemed to mind being in a crowd.

julie2379
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Mar 2010, 1:38 pm

tracker, i just wanted to thank you for your answers to these questions. i've been really busy lately and haven't been posting, but your insight has been so helpful. my husband and i have been working hard on changing *our* way of looking at and handling situations, rather than trying to change our son's behavior through typical parenting strategies, and the results have been great thus far.

Tracker
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2010, 4:21 pm

Glad to help out.

Hopefully I can get all my information together and bundled properly fairly soon. Then it might be easier to use.